Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What games to buy? Europa universalis 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good, i will buy it when eu2 get the money.

I like the sound of the various aspects, like religion and revolt, like shogun only much more expanded.

What is the difficulty settings like, eg. for a first time player is easy easy enough to play without going downhill straight away?

Tishco
    Just my 2p.
    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
    Which shows you learn something every day.
    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by tishco
      What is the difficulty settings like, eg. for a first time player is easy easy enough to play without going downhill straight away?
      Ja.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The difficulty settings only affect the costs of building and BB wars IIRC. Aggression settings are supposedly better when lower (so that enemies are readier for battle instead of being constantly worn out).
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

bit like civ 3

are the ai agressive, i mean the most annoying thing on civ3 is when the ais are all at peace but pick on you! which relates to cheating, is there any?
          thx for the opinions

Tishco
          Just my 2p.
          Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
          Which shows you learn something every day.
          formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Have no fear, the AI happily war with each other a lot. This is because many nations are given "Casus Belli" (CB) tags on lots of provinces they historically saw as theirs or wanted to be theirs. It motivates them to declare war to obtain or reclaim them. On higher difficulty settings the AI also regularly attack the nations they see as being "bad boys". Understanding badboy is an art, but the diplomatic screen gives you clues (you are honourable ... slightly tarnished ... worse than dishonourable scum) and the EU2 website will spell it all out in deep detail if you want it.

Typically, taking provinces you have a legitimate claim on from an enemy who started the war is not too bad, but declaring an unjustified war on a neighbour of the same religion and annexing them completely is appalling. Your reputation will slowly recover but at 1 point every 4 years (8 on hardest setting) it can take half a century to recover from annexing a single small nation if it was unjustified and they share your faith. To become an expert in the game you have to learn when to annex an enemy and when to force them to become a vassal and make them into your friends so you can absorb them peacefully thirty years later.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
            X