Statbuilder! Diablo, eat dust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statbuilder! Diablo, eat dust!

I have recently found a game that is far superior to Diablo: Statbuilder! http://statbuilder.stupididiotstudios.com

As soon as they add a multiplayer feature, y'all can rest assured that I will pound you into oblivion!
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

*LL*

Thats now my favourite game of all time!!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

"Pick up the +10 Sword of minus ten?"
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

CapTVK posted this a few months ago, but it's still great

The Manual was a great laugh:

--"Multiplayer is also possible, just invite as many friends over...and take turns playing."

Comment

Bah!

Great...another mindless click-fest .

If you like this game you might want to check out Progress Quest . It has all of the gameplay that Statbuilder does with out all of the mouse bashing.

Comment

I don't care what you all say

Diablo 2 is fun. I have no illusions about what it really is. I realize the game is a bunch of stats and numbers with pretty graphics.

but that makes it no less fun.

How does it make this game any worse than a FPS?

I haven't poked around the site much, but the message boreds are a winner.

First message: It ****ing sucks!

Comment

Oh I missed the one Hardman esque post. But they spelled it wrong.

U R ALL Ghey

I can't get the game to work though. I downloaded the gold edition, but it says I'm missing a DLL file.

I love the cheesy music on the website though.
              Last edited by Dis; April 3, 2002, 18:01.

Comment

Don't worry Dissident, you aren't missing out on much.

It's "gameplay" consists of clicking on a button. Just a single button. You eventally level up after clicking heaps.

Diablo 2 at least has gameplay, and is fun
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Unfortunately, Statbuilder has limited replayability. Once I got to "impossible" level I promptly died.

Comment

I have no problems with Diablo or its successor. As extensions of the old Gauntlet coin-op genre they are fantastic and I owned and played both (bored of II before I completed it, but nevertheless it was a fun game.)

What drives me completely (expletive removed) insane is the people who demand it be respected as a RPG. Collecting quests and then stabbing the fight button repeatedly until you complete them does not make it a role playing game. Few enough computer games have ever come close to being a RPG in the sense that they offer the features that the pen and paper games they derive from do. Diablo doesn't even try to include them. If I had to categorise it I would call it an arcade adventure.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

I would call it an action packed character building and item collecting game.

And I have nothing against Diablo haters. But some of those people on those hilariously immature message boards at statbuilder seem to have interesting definitions of a RPG. Most game have never even come close. Just because games like the new pool of radiance II use D & D rules doesn't make them a RPG. That game is just horrible. And they were too lazy to create 3 different spell casting systems!!!!!!! Unbelievable. Priests cast spells exactly like sorcerers. And there are no mage classes!!!

Only a few games have even come close to real RPG's. A couple of ultima games maybe, fallout, and baldur's gate. But even baldur's gate had restrictions.

But there is only so much you can expect from a computer with limited computational skills. A human will always be more imaginative.

Comment

I don't know about you, but I didn't find the Sword of Uselessness to be particularly useful.

Comment

Bwuhahahaha! I'm up to Level 15, and I'm at 56 in my bikini wearing skills. Eat your hearts out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            Bwuhahahaha! I'm up to Level 15, and I'm at 56 in my bikini wearing skills. Eat your hearts out.
                            Yeah, well I'm MAX_INT on my bikini wearing skills! I am a l337 hAx0r!

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                              Yeah, well I'm MAX_INT on my bikini wearing skills! I am a l337 hAx0r!
                              ##!*^@*(&%*@#%!!

Comment

Working...
                              X