Black and White: Have you played it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumbold
    It was games like B&W that taught me never to trust official review articles even when they all said much the same things. Too many journalists know nothing about what makes a good game, dont play the games they review for longer than 12 hours or just want to be upbeat about a game which is being lauded by others.
    that's basically all i got out of b&w too. pitiful game, no strategy or skill involved in it. even the sims is better(but not much) imo. previews of games are always positive nowadays, and reviews are rarely negative, and usually at worst ambiguous. the only review site i currently have any trust in is firingsquad.
    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Negative reviews exist, but its usually only the small budget games that get unfavourably compared to the multi-million dollar huge-team productions that are released earlier in the same quarter. If a producer spends serious money promoting a product everyone seems to line up to agree how wonderful it is - a bit like "modern art" imo.

B&W really lost its appeal for me when I discovered that enemy temples could be shattered by a couple of well lobbed rocks entirely cost free despite being almost invulnerable to divine fireballs, lighning strikes or any of the other impressive stuff you could only do with expenditure of hard won power.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

It was fun building the creature.

I had to use hot keys for spells if I remember correctly. For some reason I could never draw the correct symbol to cast a spell . I understand why they wanted an interface like that, but the implementation could have been better.

I just didn't want to f*ck around with the villagers. I just wanted to play with the creature

Comment

My friend got it. I thought it looked fun but would get old quickly. Apparently lots of other people agreed with me...

Comment

for some reason my guy throws feces too

Comment

well who doesn't?

Comment

You can teach him not to... I taught mine to throw them at the enemy. *evil grin*

But it did get boring, and then it got deleted.
                "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
                X