No announcement yet.

Homm4 - the Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are right but a true TP spell would just make the game too easy and sneaking up on an enemy base would be impossible. TP would need some restrictions, either a system like in Diablo where scrolls are used and therefore TPs are limited and cost money. Alternatively a system in which a hero needs full movement points to use the TP spell would be possible, the spell sould also be more expensive it could use half of the hero's mana.
    Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
    Have a look here !
    New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

• Sure, TP was the spell to get in HoMM3. Still, it made big games actually playable. I wouldn't mind limiting it a bit, perhaps, but the way they've done away with it now makes the game unplayable.

So it's more difficult now? That's not good, becuase it's also way more boring. I trade-off I can live without.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

• A question about the HOMM3 random scenario generator - is it actually any good? I need more human vs human maps without any computer players and preferring to start with one castle from scratch.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• (have not played HoMM 1 though ).

A friend of mine, when getting Heroes II, got this pack that included Heroes I and POL. I looked a bit at Heroes I, and it's quite forgetable. Basically, think Heroes II, with worse graphics, no plot, no upgrades to creatures, only 4 castles, a more simplistic spell system, and a smaller combat grid. The seeds of greatness, but not there yet.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
          X