No announcement yet.

SimCity 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does there exist some E3 movies of the game? I have seen some at gamespot, but only avaliable to custumers!
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      There was no day/night in the original or in Sim City 2000. The time it took per month was a factor of what speed you set the game for. IIRC, a month could go by in less than a minute.
      Yes, there was no day/night thing before, but they still had a time per day, at least in SC3k where you could see the exact date when holding your mouse above the time (As far as I remember). Sure it all depended on what speed it was set to, but there had to be a certain amount of time per day in the different speeds. Was it two seconds or was it ten seconds when playing with standard speed?

Comment

I'm disappointed. The game looks like SC3000 with better graphics. There are so many improvements that could have been implemented after SC3000. I won't buy this game, but I will download a pirated version. If I were you, I wouldn't buy it either, EA will probably come out with a SC4k Unlimited like 2 months afterwards.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          I'm disappointed. The game looks like SC3000 with better graphics. There are so many improvements that could have been implemented after SC3000. I won't buy this game, but I will download a pirated version. If I were you, I wouldn't buy it either, EA will probably come out with a SC4k Unlimited like 2 months afterwards.
          Did you actually READ what has been written about the game. I guess not, otherwise you would know there has been made a lot of new changes to the gameplay..!

Of course the game looks like SC3k with better graphics, what did you expect, it to look like, a Sci-fi game??? You can't see gameplay on screenshots..!

Comment

**bump**

Anyone heard any new information? I haven't.

Comment

Not really, I have been visiting the official site almost every day, just to hope they someday might change the picture in the video section, to something that doesn't say "Comming soon"

Comment

Some of the complaints I have are basic ones.

1. The lack of realistic roads. One lane roads for an entire city.... GET REAL..... the two lane roads didn't do anything and were a joke.

2. Parking management. I want parking in dense areas to be a problem that needs to be solved. Building parking lots, structures is what I want.

3. I want it to be easier to build farms.

4. I want development to be more permanent. If you get a large skyscraper, I don't want to see it suddenly change to an abandoned building just because I zoned too much commercial land.

If you notice, ADG, I said the game looks like SC3k with better graphics. My assumption is that the amount of improvement between Simcity --> SC2k --> SC3K will be an indicator of how much the game has improved. In fact, I have read most of the previews, and I am not impressed.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  4. I want development to be more permanent. If you get a large skyscraper, I don't want to see it suddenly change to an abandoned building just because I zoned too much commercial land.

If you notice, ADG, I said the game looks like SC3k with better graphics. My assumption is that the amount of improvement between Simcity --> SC2k --> SC3K will be an indicator of how much the game has improved. In fact, I have read most of the previews, and I am not impressed.
                  If you have read the previews, then you would have noticed they mentioned something about your point 4. I don't remember the words they used (and is to tired to go find it), but it was something about smarter buildings and such...

Comment

from the first post:
                    The look, activity, and "feel" of a particular neighborhood is determined largely by demographics.

The amount of services available in a certain area (health care, education, etc.) will influence which economic class will live in that area.

"Props": Wealthy neighborhoods will have giant estarts with large swimming pools and nice landscaping, less wealthy areas will have trailer parks and lawn flamingos.

The above can applies to commercial areas also.
                    i tihnk what ADG meant is somewhere in there....
                    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

That might be it...

Comment

They aren't going to change too much because the "classic" formula proved successful in attracting casual and serious gamers. Some complexity will be returning that disappeared in S3K, like variable taxation, but essentially they wwant to keep it simple enough for everyone to have fun playing. Better graphics, some S2K rules returning, building on slopes, more varied tile sets and night/day cycles is enough to get my money. Those keen on the Sims hooks will haveeven more to enjoy.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

SC3K was very much like SC2. I think it's about time they tried something at least a little "radical" with the formula.

I wonder if they ought to make it possible to zone for building height as well as density, at least for commercial buildings. In a major urban area, if you restrict building heights, it might have the effect of forcing land values higher in nearby areas as the demand for space exceeds the available space in the restricted area.

Also, in SC3K, there was no direct way to see exactly how much excess power or water you have, which often made accepting requests for power or water from other towns too risky.

Comment

Originally posted by MBD
                            Also, in SC3K, there was no direct way to see exactly how much excess power or water you have, which often made accepting requests for power or water from other towns too risky.
                            Yeah, hope they change it to something more easy to understand, cuz I ALWAYS got fined a month later, when trying to sell a little of my excess water

Comment

On the official site there's now a video to download. The video looks damn cool and funny, though it doesn't show anything about gameplay, but it's worth a look

Comment

Crap movie.

I absolutely hate it when they throw up some lame-ass movie that has nothing at all to do with the game, 'course I shouldn't expect more from EA and Maxis.
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X