SimCity 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    The rich areas of the cities look great with their rooftop gardens, swimming pools and tennis courts. The slums look depressing. The tornados and volcanos look cheesy.
    And it seems like there's 4 different types of richness: Very poor (Can't afford posters and such), poor (Can afford posters and such), normal (Can afford better posters and such), rich (No need for posters to make money)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I found an translation for the page. Usefull = No, Funny, some part maybe...Anyway, here it is:

Electronic Arts today surrendered prime sincerely screenshoty out of newly neoficiálnì signification Sim City 4! Readily upozoròuji, that this once to uneatable within none dripping April fish . Alas, tidings within Sim City 4 meantime stilly nejsou available within žádné knuckle oficiální sort, takže within somehow hither particulars si budeme need stilly while let me see ...
      Just curious, what is an uneatable april fish?

Comment

I can't play SimCity because it wouldn't be much of a game if there were 0 taxes and everything was privatized.
        If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

Yes, it was cancelled, but I'm still waiting for the game, or the beta, they did finnish 60% of the game, and I would defently like to try the game to see if the cancelling was a good idea or not, I believe they made a mistake in cancelling it just to finnish Hot date to the sims
          I think you may be waiting a VERY long time to see that beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
            I think you may be waiting a VERY long time to see that beta.
            Me want the game now

Comment

*BUMP*

Has there been any more info about SC4? Or official statements from EA or Maxis?
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Not that I know of, but I'd sure like to hear something official about it, has anybody heard anything yet?

Comment

I hope they make the roads a little more realistic. I'd like to see different sizes of roads, not just the 1 lane or useless 2 lane in SC3K. It would be cool to design a winding suburban subdivision, or a massive 7 lane highway.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I haven't heard anything else new, all web sites that talk about it refer to the Computer Gaming World arcticle.

Comment

New preview on gamespot!

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

There's a bunch of interesting sounding things in there.

"In SimCity 3000, you'd put out a fire by simply placing the right icon on the burning building, but we want to give the player an immediate sense of gratification in SimCity 4." That means you'll actually see the fire trucks leave their station and make their way through traffic to the location of the fire before putting it out. Of course, if you've mismanaged your roads and left your fire engines without any possible way to reach the inferno, the fire will rage on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                        It sounds great!
                        My queue of games to buy:
                        SMAC
                        Zeus
                        SimCity 4
                        Possibly 1602 AD

I'm gonna get maybe one of these this spring, and then the other two/three during the summer where I have more time to waste.
                        If you can get a demo of 1602 AD, play it before you buy. 1602 is difficult at best to play without cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                          Just curious, what is an uneatable april fish?
                          I may be mistaken, but I am fairly sure "april fish" is their equivalent(sp?) for April Fool's Day pranks/jokes.

Comment

Looks good and sounds like they brought some of the element I missed from Sc2000, especially concerning manipulation of various industries.

Dave
                            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I belive SC 4 will be a great game, as is 1, 2, and 3 was/is.

Comment

Finally, some new information.

The Gamespot Preview of SimCity 4:
                                GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X