No announcement yet.

Dark Age of Camelot - european players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Age of Camelot - european players?

Just wondering if any of the Poly posters play DAoC. For those of you that don't know, DAoC is MMORPG set in Arthurian time, which pits three realms (celts, anglosaxons and norsemen) against eachother. And it has basically taken all of my free time since I got it, it is as addictive as crack cocaine .

If any other european players play, I'm on the Prydwen server in Hibernia, character name Lianuchta. send me a tell, and we could go on a Poly hunt or something.

yeah i've played that game qute a bit, although i can't play at the moment since i'm back at uni. i was on the excalibur server, also playing hibernia - it looked like the best realm to me. i spent a while trying out all the different classes, but i think i've settled on being a champion now, although i'm only level 7.

i've been checking out some sites such as the camelot herald and it looks like those pesky americans have so many more cool features being added than we've got. it has been out a lot longer there of course, so i assume us poor europeans will catch up.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I played on the US servers for quite a while but I'm now kicking my heels waiting for a European copy of the game to arrive. Its been on order for nearly a month. My current favourite class is Thane.

Being slightly behind the upgrade path for new code won't hurt too much - there are often bugs that need to be hotfixed in the US code. I hope the European version isn't routinely more than a couple of patches behind.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

A few then .

As for the patching, they are upgrading to 1.45 supposedly at the end of the month, which would put us about 2-3 patches behind the americans (we're currently on 1.32).

If you're going to European servers, go to Prydwen, the people seem nicer there in genereal, compared to Excalibur.

Did my first serious RvR yesterday (I'm a lvl23 Eldritch), got my first 28 realm points defending our entry gate from some Albion invaders. Much fun was had.

Comment

anglosaxons
          -I could have sworn they were Britons (insert long historic inaccuracy rant here).

I play a Ranger on Guinevere, and a Wizard on Nimue, along with another set of less important characters.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
          X