Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic: The Gathering Online - Anyone Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's so many cards now (I heard more than 6,000) that I could understand them running out of ideas for new ones (as in new types of creatures, etc) and needing to invent new mechanics to try and keep the game interesting. I find many of the new ones rather half-baked, but that's just my opinion.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I have been playing the online game for several weeks now. It is fun, when it works. I have a few half-decent decks. Get in while you can, because once the beta stops they will be charging full price for the e-cards you buy online. Obviously I'm not going to pay that kind of money, but I'll play for free while I can.

Comment

Shall I found an Apolyton clan?
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Charging full price for the e-cards? Sheesh! What a bunch of money grubbing pigs!
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Full??? PRICE???? SHEESHHH! No way will I pay full price for E-Cards! That's outrageous!

John-SJ

Comment

Hmmmm, what happens when the beta ends? Do beta testers get to keep their free cards or do they have to start over and build their decks from scratch using purchased cards?

John-SJ

Comment

Originally posted by John-SJ
                Hmmmm, what happens when the beta ends? Do beta testers get to keep their free cards or do they have to start over and build their decks from scratch using purchased cards?

John-SJ
                The server is reset. All our cards go away. Since they have been generous with e-booster packs during the beta test, I have a collection that is theoretically worth thousands of dollars. Yeah right.

And founding an Apolyton clan sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Bruns
                  And founding an Apolyton clan sounds like a good idea.
                  'Tis formed! Come ye and join!
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

In order to join a clan, I have to be invited by the captian. So we'll have to look for each other online. My name there is the same as here.

Comment

Ok, post your names, all ye who which to join. I'll invite you.

Comment

hmm tricky. I don't appear to be able to do anything unless you are online. Which is a little silly. Give us a shout via PM, ICQ or email when you log on, and I'll come looking for you, unless it's some ungodly hour. (don't bother if my ICQ is offline - I won't be there.)

Comment

Played the card game, not the comp game. I prefer the human interaction and such.

Wow, that was an incredibly hypocritical statement for an Apolytoner to make!!
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                          X