Fallout 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to get dogmeat (spoiler):

dogmeat is that dog in junktown that keeps phil out of his house.
    you can either kill the dog, or use an iguana-on-a-stick on him, he will then follow.

and i just leave them behind once i get the power armor and a turbo plasma rifle, who needs npc's if you can fire 5 times per turn
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Rather then make a new thread, I'll just stick this in here...

I too have just started playing fallout recently, and have gotten a bit stuck aswell.

I've gotten a water-chip back to my vault, and now I am looking for the source of mutants... but I haven't had much luck finding any clues - just that mutants have been attacking caravans, and the mutant in the hub which talks about a mutant factory or something, but is unable to give me the location or any useful information regarding it. (In retrospect I wish I could of done that conversation over, though)

But I don't want any spoilers or walk-through type of information, just a point in the right direction.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It's been a while.

Have you already been to the glow? I'm sure you have to get the water chip.

What about the South East part of the map? There are a couple important areas there. And the most important area is the the northwest. that should be your last stop. :hint:

Hmm that may be backwards. The area in the southeast part of the map may be the last stop. I can't remember.

Comment

No, The only places which I know of and haven't explored much of are the glow (I have it on my map, but I don't recall hearing anything about it... so I haven't had a reason to go) and the brotherhood, who I've been to but didn't try to join, since I have no idea what they are about, either.

I've been thinking that the brother hood will be my next stop.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

yeah go ahead and try to join them. just be peaceful in there. there are some cool stuff you can get too. I think they will send you on a mission to the glow. pick up some supples before going.

Comment

Oooh, Fallout. What a wonderful game. Perhaps the best game I've ever played.

Hmm that may be backwards. The area in the southeast part of the map may be the last stop. I can't remember.

It is your choice, actually.

I've been thinking that the brother hood will be my next stop.

Not a bad idea.

I wandered around the map just looking around for stuff. Reasons like that are why I love Fallout, just spent a lot of time exploring and searching around to find things .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

one time I got stuck I just explored every single square on the map . I play fallout like civ2 or civ3. I can't stand having dark areas on a map. I have to know what's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  I wandered around the map just looking around for stuff. Reasons like that are why I love Fallout, just spent a lot of time exploring and searching around to find things .
                  Yeah, I like that aswell... I just had the feeling that I missed something, I'm back on track now, though.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Isnt revealing the whole map mandatory?

I have to do it just to try and get as many of the special encounters as possible.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Damn. Time for spoliers.

Well, I did make it to the military base, and was in the process of clearing it out when my save game decided to become corrupt ( Why do these things always happen to me? ) I assume that I was near the end of the game... so I won't bother starting over because I'm anxious to move on to fallout 2, anyways. But I'd still like to know the conclusion of the first - so feel free to post spoilers or give me a link.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

let's se if i remember it right, after the military base you go to the Cathedral, which is somewhere south of LA Boneyard, there is a vault below with some super-mutants and the Master, once he's defeated the Cathedral self-destructs, or was that the military base?, not sure now...
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I think you end up having to destroy both. and I believe you can do it in either order. I used to have a save game just before destruction. I always keep my save games as close as possible to winning the game. But I deleted all of my fallouts. My hard drive status has reached critical status. I only have about 300 megs left .

You only had 1 save game? Are your others corrupt? It's best to try to use all 10 slots for your save games on a rotating basis. Do that with fallout2.

Because it is worth seeing the ending. Not all of them are the same. Well the main ending is the same. but you can have different endings for different towns you have been to.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                            Isnt revealing the whole map mandatory?

I have to do it just to try and get as many of the special encounters as possible.
                            Though this goes to the sequel side, I just love King Arthur and his knights.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

The sad thing about abandoning Fallout 1 is that you'll miss the ending -- not the shoot-'em-up in the Cathedral, but the finale when you return to Vault 13. It's the most bittersweet, meloncholy, pitch-perfect ending I've ever seen in a game (it borrows alot from the John Ford western, The Searchers, if that means anything to you). If there's some way to just play the finale movie off the disc, do it.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X