How to run Adv. Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run Adv. Civilization

I've finally downloaded Advanced Civilization game from the Underdogs but it just won't work (monitor resolution problem).
    The game won't even work from DOS.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to be in proper native dos mode, actually boot into dos, not just a command prompt window. Failing that, I can't remember atm, but check the readme's for anything on running it under different graphics sets etc.
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

speaking of this, is there a manual somewhere? I got this game on the CGW #100 CD, but have no idea how to play it.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Chowlett's right. You have to start in DOS mode rather than a DOS window. You'll also have to get a mouse driver that works in DOS.

As for an online manual. I've never heard of one. The only reason I managed to play was because I owned the original Civilisation board game.

Hey, since there are a few of us interested in the game, why don't we try that play-by-email game we wanted to?
        PHOENIXCAGER
        The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

I'm up for that. Although getting into DOS mode is harder than it used to be...
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

So how about Father BEast & Juggler? You guys interested in playing?
            PHOENIXCAGER
            The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

FB,

Check the Web for the rules of the game. Or ask the players here
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Thanks for all the help.
                I'm still waiting for a good connection on Genius site so I can start downloading DOS mouse driver but that probably won't take long.

Comment

Working...
                X