• Show
Clear All

• Infogrames to publish NWN

Press Release
    of all the ****ing ****...

so much for my looking forward to getting NWN
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

I don't much like the sound of this at all either.
    I suppose we can hope that they've learned something from the civ3 debacle... ?
    I'm guessing that Moo3 (also IG) will be released before NWN, so we'll see whether IG lets QS finish that properly before release.

Comment

hopefully...

i recommend any readers to stay away from any "Limited Editions"

Comment

Well after Bioware and Interplay got in a fight and ended thier contract, only two publishers were left with the rights to publish AD&D games. Ubisoft (whose license may have expired) and Infogrames, who acquired a license when they bought Hasbro's electronic division. I think we can all agree that's better than no one publishing, and in my opinion it's better than letting Ubisoft publish it; Pool of Radiance any one.
        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Infogrammes are not uniformly bad. Lets just hope that NWN is making all its recent production schedules so the "suits" don't have to decide whether or not to enforce a no longer practical deadline....
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

a good sign?

NWN to be released in summer 2002 (source). isn't that pushed back from earlier estimates?

Comment

Yeah, that just takes the cake, doesn't it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think people are starting to realize that the blame for CivIII falls more and more on Firaxis than Infogrames. Frankly, I'm confident that Bioware will produce a quality game irregardless of the publisher.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

When a game is published early, look at the marketing division of the publisher for blames.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    I think people are starting to realize that the blame for CivIII falls more and more on Firaxis than Infogrames. Frankly, I'm confident that Bioware will produce a quality game irregardless of the publisher.
                    i blame infogrames more and more for rushing civ3. i'm also confident that infogrames can **** up a game regardless of who makes it.

Comment

Bah! And I suppose your going to blame Infogrames for the reason that Civ 3 fell behind schedule, maybe Firaxis doesn't know how to schedule, there's blame on both sides of the fence is all. So NWN slipped again, that sucks; I'm betting Christmas of next year (edit: I meant this year.)
                      Last edited by Moral Hazard; February 12, 2002, 02:08.
                      Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

well the first release date i heard for civ3 was ~march 2002, and then release was announced for oct 2001, convienently in time for christmas and avoiding the general time of the projected release of MoO3. i'm also bitter about buying the LE

but i agree there's plenty of blame for both. and arguing who's fault it is is kinda pointless at this point anyhow (but fun in a twisted sort of way )

i hope that NWN slipping back is a good thing, more time for beta testing, tweaking, and generally making the game better... hopefully...

Comment

Like I said on the NWN forum, I guess if its a choice between waiting for the game to be released or buying the game and then waiting for the patch to make it work I'd rather wait for the game.

Delaying a release is no bad thing provided it is done for the right reasons. Since Infogrames didn't have a release schedule it really doesn't matter what dates the previous publisher may have been aiming toward. None of the previous planning would be inheritable apart from the timetable the developer had for going gold. All the production and marketing side will be a blank slate.
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                          X