Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Galaxy

Greetings all!

I just received a prize from NBC (the Television Network). It contained a copy of the Online Warfare Game: Shattered Galaxy.

A few months back NBC's websight hosted a drawing for the game, so I figured "what the hey" and submitted my name for it.

Well, evidently I actually won! Now, why can't I hit the Lottery?!

My question is this: Has anyone played it yet? If so, how was it? I will probably load it up next week and give it a whirl, but I was wondering if anyone else has heard about this game?

The box states it is "The First Massively Muliplayer Online Real-Time Strategy Game"..."Massive Online Warfare, Intense Battles, Perpetual War" ... I must admit, it DOES sound interesting!

Ciao!

Re: Shattered Galaxy

Originally posted by Wittlich
    The box states it is "The First Massively Muliplayer Online Real-Time Strategy Game"..."Massive Online Warfare, Intense Battles, Perpetual War" ... I must admit, it DOES sound interesting!
    that's what they all say
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

They just had another major update added to the game recently too.

I hear its unique.. somewhat tactical in its approach.

I say give it a try; maybe read some reviews online to get the scoop on it.

Comment

You got it for free (Lucky bastard...) so why not give it a try?
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

If I am thinking of the right game, I played in the Beta for a short period, and it was a complete heap of garbage. Just a bunch of lame "RTS" battles where everyone starts off with a bunch of units and you all blow each other up and the person who wins gets money and can upgrade their units, or some such nonsense... it was a long time ago, and I don't really remember.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well, something could be deduced from the fact that it's given out as gifts and prizes...
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
              Well, something could be deduced from the fact that it's given out as gifts and prizes...
              Truely.

Well, I loaded it up and played for a while. It is an interesting game, but I don't think it's going to hold my attention for very long. It all boils down to constantly going out and attacking the opposing alliance, and them constantly attacking your alliance

Nope, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to a good 'ol game of multiplayer Civ!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

A site dedicated to quality TBS games is the last place I'd go looking for people who think RTS games are in any way strategic, or anything more than an hours light entertainment.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                X