Kohan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohan

I've been playing Kohan for almost 3 days straight and have got to say it's an absolute blast. The mechanics for company construction, it's city management system, the graphics/voice-acting are all fantastic. It's dropped in price recently, so nows the time to jump on it.

Jeff

that explains alot!

so that's why the patch isn't out yet!

btw is it RTS? an add for it came in the EU2 box

Comment

Yeah, it is an RTS... but I think it is streamlined, instead of individual units, you have companies, as I take it.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Judging by what Underdogs says here it's too good a game to reject on the RTS vs TBS grounds.

I think I'll buy it as the price falls (currently 30+ US dollars where I shop) and it needs a P II 300MHz, which I don't have yet.
        "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
        "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
        - Pekka

Comment

Yep, it's fun. Very stylish. Clearly a quality team worked on it.

As for Civ3 ...

Once the fan-subsidized beta phase winds down and we get the feature-complete Gold Edition perhaps by the end of this year, it will be interesting to see if Firaxis can make a game of similar caliber. Too bad it will have cost $100 to participate in all phases of the testing program.

How much is Kohan again?
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

You don't have to be snide. Civ 3 bashing should be left to subjects or forums dedicated to Civ3 bashing(i.e. the general forum). You're just threadjacking now.

Kohan's expansion came out just a bit ago but I think it's still a stand alone and doesn't require the original. In Canada, It goes for about $40, so maybe $30 American. Everyone I know who's played is usually impressed with how well implemented the game is. Considering it's performed well, depite the limited marketing, it's a testament to how solid the game design is.

(Oh. Published by the same folks who published Europa Universalis.)

Comment

I'll post when and how I please. When the QA guy from Firaxis posts about a game other than the one his is responsible for fixing, I find comparisons between the two games to be on-topic.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Yin, the topic of this thread is a specific game. If you want to discuss the comparison of two games, please post in the Apolyton/Community forum

thank you.
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Besides, let's face it. You were using this thread to get on his case rather than talk about the game. We're not exactly idiots here.

Comment

Heheh, right on SixArmedMan.

And, I just played the demo and it looks like a total blast. I, personally, despise RTS, but I might just get this one.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

LOL! I stand by my original statement: Kohan is a fun, highly polished game that you won't need to wait for the Gold Edition to have a feature-complete experience with.

Markos: Fair enough. I have said my peace.

Comment

Well Yin, you seem to know so much about the game. I mean, you've said lots of great things about it, and compared it to other games and stuff... How many times have you played it again? Not that I'm saying that your flattering compliments are merely a pre-text to justify using this thread to carry out your vendetta against Firaxis or anything...

Comment

Tell you what: Try the game and get back to us.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                            Tell you what: Try the game and get back to us.
                            You mean Civ3 right?

Comment

Civ3? Is that out yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X