Do You Like Wargames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not as much as I used to
    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• lol - glad you have a sense of humour

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Leonidas
        In the mean time here is a free wargame download called "The Ardennes Offensive". Can you accomplish what the Germans failed to do during the famous Battle of the Bulge? Test your skill as a general

I dled TAO some time ago. Its hard to criticize a freebie, but IIRC i found it difficult to figure out what was going on, how to play. It seems to assume substantial familiarity with PC war gaming. No real documentation. Not for beginners.

LOTM
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumbold

I can't say I ever related Civ to history because its just too superficial. .
          Did you ever read my column, "civ2's Hegelian tech tree"?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
            I dled TAO some time ago. Its hard to criticize a freebie, but IIRC i found it difficult to figure out what was going on, how to play. It seems to assume substantial familiarity with PC war gaming. No real documentation. Not for beginners.

LOTM
            LOTM: I haven't played the game in a while. But if I remember correctly the manual is pretty good at explaining things. It should be inside the game directly after you install the game. . .

Also check out Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank - a free modern-era wargame download:

Latest news and guides for Warhammer 40k, Age of Sigmar, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, board games, TTRPGs, war games, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and more

Comment

Working...
            X