Soccer manager games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer manager games?

A friend of mine asked me about soccer games where the main purpose is to manage the teams (selling/buying players, composing the teams and so on).

Which games are out there that are worth buying? Can you also play the actual soccer games (à la FIFA) or are "manage only" the only option to play? What are the system requirements?

Thanks,

Carolus

The "big dog" on the soccer management sim block is Championship Manager. While I don't have it, it's often held up as the standard against which all other management sims are judged. Another one, which apparently takes a different approach to how one should manage a team, is called Sick as a Parrot (SaaP). The SaaP website is www.users.bigpond.com/machoward/order.html . I don't know the Championship Manager website, but you will have no trouble finding it. I suggest you download demos of both and then decide. For the next three weeks, SaaP is offering a $26 lifetime subscription. I don't have this one either, but I get their newsletter, so that's how I know. Good luck!

Comment

Ýes, the king of Football Manager games is indeed Championship Manager.

I also play FA Premier League Manager, that's an EA Sports game. It's quite nice, and don't be mislead by the title, it's not English leagues only, it contains the Italian, Spanish, Scottish, Dutch, Belgian, French and German leagues as well.

Otherwise, log on to www.uefa.com and play the UEFA Champions' League Fantasy Football league
      We have a small Apolyton league there

Comment

Thanks fellas!

I will tell him.

Carolus

Comment

Sensible Soccer was cool!

Comment

Championship Manager is the best game soccer

Comment

The page for Championship Manager would be www.sigames.com .
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Realism vs fun

The problem with the Championship Manager series is that it can be too heavy going, you can get just too bogged down in statistics.

I've had alot more fun with Premier Manager 98 and Ultimate Manager 98. They should be cheap to pick up and if you're not too concerned with updated statistics , that is to say, if you just want to play an enjoyable computer game and aren't too bothered with it reflecting the current real world soccer teams, then these are the games I'd recommend. They're alot easier to get into, a less learnng curve than the Champinship Manager series, and in my opinion have a greater fun factor.
                Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; December 14, 2001, 08:57.
                Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Russell: Yeah, I have played CM too and found it a little annoying that you have to know to much about soccer to play good. But still, for a real soccer fan it's a must game!

Comment

I just discovered this free online football management game, Hattrick
                    The original and the most popular online football manager game. It's free to play - everybody deserves their own football team!

I haven't tried it, but it seems to be good.

Comment

Its quite funny, it plays in real time to so you'll get a real feeling for your team.
                      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Working...
                      X