Made the first step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the first step

my wife never plays civ with me. never shows any interest. she says it's because she's never given it a chance because it is so daunting.

I thought, "so what turn based trategy can I start her on that isn't so daunting?"

the answer: Heroes of Might And Magic, the original.

this last weekend, she became glued to the computer, started herself a couple of new games of HOMM.

The path leading my wife to civ has begun!
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

County Clerk: Reason for divorce?

Father Beast: Wife wouldn't stick to the computer-sharing schedule.

Clerk: Don't you have two or more computers?

Father Beast: She insists on playing Hotseat against herself.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

FB: such a cunning plan

I don't have this problem. My SO plays SMAC/X. When she's at my place she takes over my Windows computer and I can't play Civ 3.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A rude question...

Father Beast,

When you make love to your wife do you do it in real time, or do you use a turn-based strategy technique?
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: A rude question...

Originally posted by Russell
            Father Beast,

When you make love to your wife do you do it in real time, or do you use a turn-based strategy technique?
            good heavens, That is rude!!

actually, that is an RPG
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
            X