No announcement yet.

Question regarding Baldur's gate 1 & 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Baldur's gate 1 & 2.

Well, I've decided that I will try to get through both of these games again. (Great games, but my own stupidity has kept me from finishing them - I first got baldur's gate 2, stoped playing it half way through because I decided that I wanted to have played through the first one before finishing the sequel. Then I bought baldur's gate 1 and the expansion, got nearly to the end and realized I forgot to install the expansion the expansion , not knowing what I was missing I decided I'd start over - didn't stay interested long enough the second time though.)

But anyways, What I was wondering is how the game imports your save from the original into the sequel? I know that you keep your character, and get a chance to give him a kit and redistribute his skill points, but will you start with minsk and Jaheira regardless of who was in your party during the original? and do you get to keep any of your equipment?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

You get to keep none of your equipment, Minsc and Jaheira, as well as Imoen, are found right at the beginning. The party that you had in the prequel is no longer in existance.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

OK, thanks. That's what I assumed.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think your original equipment (or some of it) gets scattered throughout the game world in BG2, so you might find some on your travels.

If you were playing multiplayer in BG1 (including "one-person multiplayer" to get more than one customized character), those characters can be transferred to BG2. You can also import customized characters from several BG1 games into one BG2 party. You cannot import an NPC character you recruited during BG1.

Some BG2 quests require you to recruit a specific character. If you've got 6, you can drop one and then reload him/her from an earlier saved game after completing the quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Bodiless
          Some BG2 quests require you to recruit a specific character. If you've got 6, you can drop one and then reload him/her from an earlier saved game after completing the quest.
          Most of the times you can just leave them somewhere and then pick them up after doing the character specific quest, without reloading anything.
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I've another question for anyone who knows - I didn't have yoshimo with me this time around, and now I am in the gauntlet under spellhold - are my only choices to leave someone behind permanently, or to go on with out imoen? (I don't recall being able to get back in - and I don't get the option of sending the character to their usual spot... except for imoen)

Do It Ourselves

Comment

That is interesting, because I'm pretty sure that whatever character you leave behind can't find their way out of the maze. I like Jan better than Yoshimo. Usually, I leave him in Athlatka (sp?) before getting on the boat. But I've always kept Imoen as my thief. If you plan on keeping Imoen, then dump whoever you never want to see again. However, Imoen may be able to leave the maze on her own, if you don't take her (I think you find her in the pub in the slums).

Alternatively, Jaheria has no code to stay behind. Her choices are to go to the docks or leave your party for good depending on where you are in her quest or if you have a romance with her(leads to an interesting way to keep drow items).

Or you can go to the bioware forums : www.bioware.com
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X