SCRABBLErs come here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCRABBLErs come here

I have gotten addicted to SCRABBLE. Am studying word list and all that.

Go read Word Freak. It is a great bestseller about SCRABBLE junkies.

as a misssionary, I used to play every week with the family that did my laundry (while the laundry was going).

I had this one time that I got the Q pretty early on. I found a place before the person after me took their turn. they took my spot.
    so I looked for another spot and found one, just as player 2 took it with some low count word.
    found another spot, it was taken by player 3.

I was player 4, and there was no place to use my Q. I eneded up being stuck with it at end game.

that was my most frustrating Scrabble experience. even worse than when my spot got taken 4 years before when I was going to use all 7 letters (50 point bonus) for the only time in my life. which was worse than when somebody took my spot when I was going to use two triple word scores on one word.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

FB,

Ever play on Games.com? I played a priest over there recently.

FYI: You can learn to get bingos (7 letters used) more often. I am working through a strategy guide now.

Comment

GP,

no, I don't think I even have a computer game of scrabble, much less play over the internet. just the plain old board game with friends and family.

my older brother used to beat everyone, but then he got married and his wife does.

my wife and I are pretty relaxed. our house rules include that you can use the dictionary to find words to use. there are no risks in challenges. if a word doesn't exist, just go back and try again.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

You don't need to have the game. It's all on-line.

http://play.games.com/playgames/game...6jR2H8QGEbP0M3|5335453786450850607/-802745412/5/5671/5671/7002/7002/-1

Comment

Well, GP, you've managed to come up with another game I'm addicted to. I didn't know there was a place to play Scrabble online, and I'll definitely check out games.com. It may wind up cutting into my bridge time .

I cut my teeth playing against my father, who rarely gets through a game without a bingo.

Has anyone ever made a 9-letter word? I must have played hundreds of games over the years without ever seeing one; then, earlier this year, someone put down "quiz" and I had the letters to turn it into "quizzical." Not the highest-scoring play I ever made--not even close--but a unique experience.
            "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Rex,

I've never had a 9 letter word. I've just recently learned to get bingos. And have had several 8 and 7 letter words.

The games site is pretty decent. They use the OSPD words. (The NA word list...with "dirty words" removed.) I'm GBPIV over there. I understand that there are more competitve sites, but this one should give you a decent game.

READ WORD FREAK!

Comment

Working...
              X