What are the best LAN games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best LAN games?

I am just curious, which LAN games do you play? and which of the LAN games are the best?

Half-Life: Counter-Strike is always fun on a LAN...
    I used to play some C&C: Tiberian Sun on a LAN in the past...

Comment

I palyed Quake maybe four years on the net, until I got totally bored.
      (Now just sick'n tired of FPS - but it was fun for a very long time)

On LAN some warcraft has been played, but I don't like warcraft that much.

Comment

If you've got loads of time, my favourite is definately Championship Manager 3 or 00/01 or 01/02. Enormous fun, and if someone is not there a particular evening you can put them "on holiday".
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Among the FPSes for the last two years it's primarily been UT with an occassional game of Quake 3 Arena. I never liked CS as you have to be to bloody careful. Before that was Quake2, going even further back would be DOOM.

Shogun Total War was good, and was the only RTS I enjoyed in multiplayer.

Civ2 or CTP when I found the time, but I primarily played that on the internet or PBEM not LAN.

All in all FPSes are the best.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Starcraft is great at a LAN, it never lags and a game can take anything from 3 min - 2 h.
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

By LAN did you mean a true Local Area Network or did you really mean Internet Multiplayer? Most LAN Administrators that I know would be looking for a rope and a tree in a big hurry if they found users playing MP games on their LAN.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Hinds
                Most LAN Administrators that I know would be looking for a rope and a tree in a big hurry if they found users playing MP games on their LAN.
                O...ours used to grab a chair and join the fun...

Comment

At the moment...nothing...There's no interesting lan games at the moment. fps games are boring (I might play Red Faction 1 hour a week at most), and nobody where I live likes strategy games (You know, such games where you actually have to use the brain to win)...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Hinds
                    By LAN did you mean a true Local Area Network or did you really mean Internet Multiplayer? Most LAN Administrators that I know would be looking for a rope and a tree in a big hurry if they found users playing MP games on their LAN.
                    Being a LAN admin myself, I always have troubles finding opponents. Most of the people around here find working more interesting than gaming. Nerds.
                    For bandwidth conservation, I'm more concerned about RealPlayer and file-sharing programs.

And the answer for me is still DOOM.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by catullus

For bandwidth conservation, I'm more concerned about RealPlayer and file-sharing programs.

C.
                      I wasn't thinking so much in internet bandwidth conservation as in Server overload and just slowing the in-house network in general. Our network slows down quite a bit during the main portion of the work day even with things spreadout across 12 servers. The general day runs from 0600 - 2400 and is all in one building so we don't even have some of the WAN concerns that others do. Real player doesn't hit us as hard as the SETI@home up/downloads do.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                      X