Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the BEST computer game purchase you've made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the BEST computer game purchase you've made?

What is the BEST computer game purchase you've made?

The criteria for this is totaly up to you.

The first game would have to be CIV, it introduced me into the great time wasting thing that is known as computer gaming.

Honorable mentions would have to be Deus Ex (damned CD is broken so now I can't play again), Caesar 3 (many hours spent on this game), and Sim City 2.
    What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

has to be civ2. i've spent thousands and thousands of hours playing it.

i didn't pay for civ1. it was on the computer i got second hand.
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

the one that wins is the one that i play the msot of and that is civ 2 ......
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Civ2, for sure... $40, my dad paid it and I have played about 8,000 hours of it

Comment

Civ2 and Baldur's gate.

Comment

runner up is diablo 2
            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Civ 2 and FIFA Soccer Manager...

Comment

My first choice will be the same as everyone on this site: Civ 2 (duh)
                Second best: M1 Tank Platoon 2 - I got it for $10 and it's great
                (it was cheap because the manual had gone missing - meaning I had to work out the controls by bashing each combination on the keyboard & writing down what happened )
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

i played as many hours of civ2 as civ........but i had to buy civ 2.... the other game i like is smac..... but not as much as the other civ games
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

baldur's gate 2

i don't mention civ2 MGE because it was a gift (specially requested )
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Definitely Civ2, the only regret I have about this game is that I didn't buy it immediately; I waited almost 6 months because the screenshots on the back looked so horrible

And UT is fantastic too, I still love to play CTF-Face and CTF-Coret...
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Single game? Probably Duke Nukem 3D... or Micro Machines 2.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

you did say purchase , didn't you?

my best purchase ever, no question. was a pair of 2packs I got for 10 each one day at Kmart.

one 2pack contained Civilization and Colonization , starting me on the path I am currently on. Civ2 and 3 are sequels to that addiction.

The other 2pack contained Master Of Orion and Xcom: Ufo Defense , both fantastic games.

all of these games remain on my hard drive to this day, and may do so permanently.
                          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

guess it's kind of a loaded question asking this on a civ forum... oh well.
                            What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Like most everybody else in this thread, the best computer game I purchased was either Civ 1 or Civ 2 (take your pick). Master of Orion and X-Com were also great games, but to name a few that haven't been mentioned already would compel me to also list

1. Might and Magic: World of Xeen
                              2. Heroes of Might and Magic (2 or 3)
                              3. Rollercoaster Tycoon
                              4. Starcraft
                              5. The Pro-Pinball series

Comment

Working...
                              X