pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pirates

any one play sid meyers original game pirates?? i hear it is fun, was there a window version made??
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Was it any good!!!!

It is a great game.
    Oh thise days with my Commadore 64 and Pirates - the best game ever for C64 btw.

Spent endless hours playing pirates, so yes I do recommend it. It has all the good stuff Sid is famous for. (And when one game is over, you wanna play the next one.)

Damm, by the end of it I knew the map inside out - so when I got a piece of a (treasury) map - I could emediately tell it's exact location. (Thos were thedays when grafics still had to be quite simple.)

So yes,Pirates is a good game - although I never really liked to play it on a PC. (Maybe the A.I. became a too good fencer for me )

And yes there is a windows version or is it a dos version for Pirates.

Comment

i really liked pirates gold! same thing??
      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

yes i think that is the same Makeo. I never played it , but a friend at work raves about it... I was wondering if their was an abandonware version out there for windows but havent been able t ofind one yet...

Comment

any one play sid meyers original game pirates??
          I've still got it (found it on an abandonware site 3 months ago) and I just can't stop playing it.

I tryed to install Pirates! gold but the game doesn't work

Anyway, the thing that most impressed me were the galleons and other pirate ships which you can use .............. and those women you marry Funny how I always ended up with an ugly one.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler
            I've still got it (found it on an abandonware site 3 months ago) and I just can't stop playing it.

and those women you marry Funny how I always ended up with an ugly one.
            Care to shae the info on where?

And you have to get promoted several times before the "better" ladies really gets interested in you. You see, in those days ladies were only interested in your status (just like today... not )

Comment

any sites for a download ??

Any todays LADYS still only intereted in status (or power or wealth)

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler
                Funny how I always ended up with an ugly one.
                I always waited for a babe! 'Cause once you got married, women stopped slipping you secret information.

Comment

I played the C64 version which really impressed me. Probably the most revolutionary game for that platform.

The computer version I have found lacking because it consistently locks up on me, despite downloading the patch. This game next to Colonization most deserves a modern update/sequel.

Bkeela.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                  X