Cluefinders vs. Reader Rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluefinders vs. Reader Rabbit

I find it hard to believe that these are put out by the same publisher!!

(btw, these are both kids educational programs)

Cluefinders is in every way superior. you can skip past cutscenes (with a warning if it contains important info), it autosaves regularly in case of poweroutage, the difficulty adapts itself to how badly or how ell the player is doing, etc. etc.

Reader rabbit has no way to get past the cutscenes, insufficient instructions for the puzzles (and no way to get them repeated), and NO WAY TO SAVE!!!!
    let me repeat that, NO WAY TO SAVE!!!

that's especially galling when the reader rabbit series is meant for kindergarten - 2nd grade. how do they expect those kids to have that much time or attention span?

by 3rd grade, cluefinders beacme available and I play it myself sometimes. difficulty is maxed out pretty quick, and the kids look over my shoulder in awe.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

havent seen the cluefinders anywhere, My boy loves RR.

After your reommendatio n I wil lhav eto track the CFs down and give my own review...
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Cluefinders are on the Wal-Mart shelves next to the reader rabbit and disney stuff.

your 5 year old might find it difficult, since the earliest one I know of (for sure) is "Cluefinders 3rd Grade adventures". I have heard of a 2nd grade version, but haven't seen it.

2nd grade would probably be good enough for your kid, since it's meant to be used in the summer between 1st and second grade. if your kid is precocious, you might give 3rd grade a shot.

seriously, I play these myself for fun and admiration, and even enjoy it. if I let myself get sucked in, I find myself playing while the kids are asleep.

it may be that your kid likes RR because there isn't anything better, yet. My kids can't stand it.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Well unfortuantly no Walmarts Downunder, and from a quick look cant find any Cfers on our similar Stores....

Actually I typed the worng number I meant 6 yr old And he is pretty smart so a 3rd grade one wont phase him .. Must take after his mother !@!!!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
        X