Game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Music

Which game soundtracks do you prefer? Anyone you got on MP3?

I've got fiels for Command & Conquer, Civilization II, DOOM, DOOM 2, Monkey Island, and several others, to name only the most important ones... I also like the music of Burntime, but can't find it on the web as MP3... the MIDI on my machine sounds crap

What about you?

I have all the music to Final Fantasy VI on my computer, in MIDI and mp3. I also have some amusing techno remixes of other game soundtracks.

Comment

Total Anhilation, with out a doubt, has the best soundtrack (and most suiting) ever used in a game.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Oh, Strong Hold is pretty nice too... there is one of the battle pieces I really like where it has a little pyscho twitch in it (for lack of better description )
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

i like aphex twin's remix of the tetris songs (the russian dance) and pac man. But i really do like the tetris song that is rather ambient..i'm guessing that it doesn't have a name.
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

I don`t like any particular game soundtrack, but I do like particular tracks from certain games, like the Hell March from C&C: RA (and Hell March 2 from RA2). The battle music from FFVII is also a favourite of mine.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

MY favourite one was and is the original GTA. It had "radio stations" and every time you stole a different car you got a particular radio station that was associated with that type of vehicle. I fondly remember the Country station in the pick-up trucks...

Otherwise, LucasArts do brilliant ones usually. The Monkey Island ones are classics, all four of them, and I totally loved the Latino-Jazz in Grim Fandango.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I like the music for Rise of The Triad. That was pretty sweet.

Plus Duke Nukem 3D was pretty good too!
                I AM CANADIAN!
                Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
                CornEmpire Owner/Operator
                Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

I have a liking to anything done by Square. If you pick ten tracks at random from the FF series, more than half will be great.

BTW: I have the entire MIDI soundtrack from Chrono Trigger, FFIV, FFV, and FFVI. In fact, I'm listening to the boss fight music from FFIV right now.
                  oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

The bonus level theme in Cool Spot for SNES.
                    Some of FIFA 2001's tracks were actually pretty decent. Eg. "Power To The Beats" and "Fly Away".

Comment

Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Ultima, EverQuest, Old Japanese Fighting Games, had classic hits

Comment

Tropico's is so so: C
                        Command and Conquers rates an A
                        Civ's C- to a D+
                        Hollywood Mogul- A-
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Civ II - Jihad

Comment

I kinda like Tropico's... definetly fits the game.
                            What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

I like the Civ2 ones... DarkCloud seems to be playing ultimate rater again

Comment

Working...
                              X