Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just so that you know, Empire Earth demo has been released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so that you know, Empire Earth demo has been released.

I'd post this elsewhere, but Empire Earth has been discussed on the civ3 forums before a few times, just thought ppl should know the demo is out, since friday.

hello padlock.
    be free

Thanks
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

What kinda game is that?

Turn based?
      I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Excellent. I keep forgetting the dates for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunine
          What kinda game is that?

Turn based?
          As I understand it, Empire Earth is essentially a real time version of CTP (i.e. civ with sci-fi).
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

its an online multiplayer game i think

Comment

and real time

Comment

Thanks for the info.

But i prefer turn based
                I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

I downloaded and played it; it's pretty good. Just think Age of Empires on a much grander scale - that's what this game is.

Comment

I am one of the beta testers for the game, and it is good

It is similar to Age of Empires, but there are some big differences. For one, the game is rendered in 3d, and this allows you to zoom in and out the view, as well as making everything look better. The game also covers a whole lot more epochs- about 14 or 16 starting in pre-historic times and concluding far into the future.

Some of the other game basics are different as well, but not so much that any fans of classic RTS won't be able to find their way around.

Overall, it is looking very good. But the game is still a work in progress, so it should be even better by the time of the release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      Just so that you know, Empire Earth demo has been released.
                      And just so you know, the demo is riddled with crash bugs and "unable to load" bugs. Mine won't run, so I went to the official site's forum and 90% of the posts (no exaggeration) are about problems running the demo.
                      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I had a number of problems getting the demo to run last night, turned out that even when you're playing a single player tutorial mission, it wants to access the net. And it (the demo at least) is alt-tab unfriendly, so I couldn't switch over to tell my firewall to allow it access. Forcing me to reboot.

Once I manually entered the firewall and allowed it access, I was able to run it fine. No crashes yet. Seems interesting. It's no Civ though.

Sorry, I know this isn't really the right forum, but it might help any Apolytoners having problems. If someone wants to relay it to the official forums, feel free.

Comment

protocal

In the future post this in the proper forum, Other Games.

Hopefully Mark will move it soon enough.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: protocal

Originally posted by tniem
                            In the future post this in the proper forum, Other Games.

Hopefully Mark will move it soon enough.
                            Hopefully.
                            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Would somebody be so nice as to add an URL?
                              My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
                              My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Working...
                              X