ORiginal NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
    didn't castelvania make their own cartoon at one point?
    Maybe...I have no idea

Why would one prefer the N64 if playstation has the upperhand.
    Because I hate PSX' bloody loading time ...there is no loading screen with N64 games...

Is it just me, or it ps2 not THAT much more advanced than PS! outside of the dvd player and minutely improved graphics.
    ...I think it's because not all new games for PS2 are taking full advantage of the ability of PS2...yet...

See, i don't see how computer games are better than video games for the sole reason that i have a really hard time playing with a keyboard as opposed to a controler. can't say the graphics are better on either because both have pretty bad ones and good ones.
    Yeah...with PC games much depends on your hardware as well...but I prefer playing on PC...(I also have a controller )

Comment

Just wait till the Xbox comes out, I think that thing is going to kick butt. Should make PS2 eat its dust.
      What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Originally posted by November Adam
        Just wait till the Xbox comes out, I think that thing is going to kick butt. Should make PS2 eat its dust.
        I guess that makes sense since after all MS makes such good products and having all the games on XBox will basically be PC based games converted...
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

OK. WHat is XBox because i'm drawing an absolute blank here (this is what i get for burying my head in the sand at college). I never minded the PS loading time. gave me time to get situation, make a potty/snack run or something.
          yet? what else will they do on PS2?
          If PC's are so good, why do people want to make a xbox to convert? for people like me??
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
            OK. WHat is XBox because i'm drawing an absolute blank here

If PC's are so good, why do people want to make a xbox to convert? for people like me??
            Enlargen the target group...MS wants to compete in the games department as well...

Comment

This will be the only console with a hard drive and broadband built in! This is great news because it means game developers can create their games knowing EVERYONE will be able to take advantage of this. Their market won't be limited to people who buy the upgrades.

Comment

Personally it's a dumb idea. Who in the right mind would use a console to access the Net? What use is a hard disk? God forbid the XBox users need to install the games first
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Silly Ranger, I hope you aren't being serious.

The hard drive is for info dumps to cut down on access time. Those really anoying load screens, won't need those. Plus the size of the worlds will be able to be increased.

Broadband means multi-player!! Halo with multi-player, sweet.

Plus having a console to surf the net isn't bad. Then you can sit on the couch and surf as opposed to 2' from a computer screen.

Comment

so

with xbox i can poly from my couch?? lol. no really, so the purpose of the xbox is to make it possible to play multiplayer games with someone in a different location? who is putting the xbox out?
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Microsoft... so you know they have the money to support this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by November Adam
                        Microsoft... so you know they have the money to support this thing.
                        They are taking a few hundred dollar loss on every single unit sold. They better have a deep pocket to make it work.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Got the real, hardware thing, yes. Besides the nostalgic fun is also the true aestethic experience of having this beauty in my living room as a constant eye-catcher. All electronics were so much more squarish and neat in the 80's...

Comment

Probotector
                            Maybe the best NES-game ever. Dual-playing and snatching all those eagle-looking bonuses before your friend did was state-of-the-art entertainment.

Comment

describe

i do not even remeber this game, uncle-funk (whoops! almost spelled yer name wrong! ). i remember getting so mad at that dog in Duck-hunt when i couldn't shoot that ducks...so i'd shoot him. lol. Did anyone ever get a little ticked off that Dr. Mario was such a rip off of tetris? i remember my nana sitting in front of the nintendo for days on end playing it.
                              i think, with it's government supported monopoly (NOT that i'm complaining), microsoft can afford to take that hit.

Comment

'munchie...in the US...Probotector is known as Contra...maybe you have heard of it...
                                And my mom used to play Dr. Mario all the time...

Comment

Working...
                                X