Bug in Baldur's Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in Baldur's Gate

After having Minsc for the maximum amount of days, I took him to the bridge near the Gnoll Stronghold, right before taking him to the bridge I took all of his supplies, kicked him out of the party, then allowed him to rejoin and gave him some supplies...

When I entered the bridge area, Dynaheir joined my party and Minsc went crazy, I killed Minsc and picked up Dynaheir.

... After that I restarted and attempted to fight in the Gnoll Stronghold, but I cannot find Dynaheir in the stronghold so I think I'll dump Minsc right next to the stronghold for later safekeeping while I take my party around the maps and level up, go to Nashkel, etc.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

And this is a bug... how?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How is this a bug? You outused Minsc.

Too bad, he's a good character.

Comment

Bob- Dynaheir joined my party before I even crossed the bridge, I didn't even fight to get her. That's the bug.

Anyways Minsc is useless, all he's good for is transporting things.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Really DarkCloud, you threw out Minsc?!?!?! He's my favourite character and is also very useful (they used him in BG2 didn't they?).

But I don't know why he went crazy. And don't dump him again. He'll just be another level 3 character which you won't need.

Comment

It's not the end of the world but he's a good character.

Maybe a bug, you norwegian (is that right i forgot) buys a foreign version which hasn't been tested as much by interplay

Comment

Juggler- I may try to get him later, but right now I have no time to puzzle him out, I think I'll pick him up after I level up my characters more, but I really don't want to drop Khalid or my Paladin... and Imoen seems to be important to keep in the game. I also may need my healing cleric, I really don't need another fighter.

No, Bob, I received an AmericanLanguage version. You are correct about your other statements to a point

However, I restarted the game and ditched Minsc before he went mad, but where can I find Dynaheir in the palace without the use of a bug?

Thank you for your help!
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Anyways Minsc is useless, all he's good for is transporting things.

Yeah right! Minsc is a human killing machine! He's the best figher in the game.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

When I entered the bridge area, Dynaheir joined my party and Minsc went crazy, I killed Minsc and picked up Dynaheir.

... After that I restarted and attempted to fight in the Gnoll Stronghold, but I cannot find Dynaheir in the stronghold
                  At what point did you restart? Before or after you released and re-recruited Minsc? If after, maybe what you did with Minsc triggers a bug which moves Dynaheir (which is why you were able to get her at the bridge). If before, maybe it's just that Dynaheir is hard to find in the stronghold. She's at the bottom of one of those pits, and doesn't show up unless you're right next to her.
                  "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Well... I couldn't find her BEFORE the bug... After I restarted after the bug (I wanted Minsc) ... I found her and she joined my party.

Then I had to ressurrect her

Thank you for your hints
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

"Yeah right! Minsc is a human killing machine! He's the best figher in the game."

-Hmm... I've only played BG II, but my character can give Minsc a good run for his money (yes, it involves getting better items, but hey, 3 attacks at a THAC0 of -10...) I don't know what effect not having Minsc would have on you if you tried playing BG II, considering he's one of the people you start with.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                      X