Sid and Maxis - SimMars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid and Maxis - SimMars?

Well, now that Sid and Maxis are making games together. How about Sid gives some help or revives the old Maxis project SimMars. I saw previews for it about 2 years ago but not another word about it since. If its a dead project (more then likely, it's been a while) maybe Sid can add some more fun to it.

Anyone else heard any recent info about SimMars?

The latest news I heard about SimMars was that it got cancelled because it was too much like SimCity, but I'd say Sid should more try to convince Maxis to continiue making their game Simsville, cuz I believe Sid would also like to see that one finnish so he can enjoy that Maxis game too
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
      The latest news I heard about SimMars was that it got cancelled because it was too much like SimCity, but I'd say Sid should more try to convince Maxis to continiue making their game Simsville, cuz I believe Sid would also like to see that one finnish so he can enjoy that Maxis game too
      I think it was July of 1999 when they cancelled the Program. I hope they will bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph1944

I think it was July of 1999 when they cancelled the Program. I hope they will bring it back.
        I too hope they bring it back...after they have finnished Simsville

Comment

And since SimVille has also been cancelled it could be a looooong wait.

John-SJ

Comment

Originally posted by John-SJ
            And since SimVille has also been cancelled it could be a looooong wait.

John-SJ
            Right now we're many people complaining about that cancelling on the www.thesims.com msg board (under misc mainly, but also from time to time under other categories)...We don't give up the fight (Proberly I'll still be there in 60 years if they haven't released the game yet)

Comment

ahhh.... ChSSCROOOOO thesims!

it sux
              And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

A SimMars project should be a successful building game if they invest a lot for a "terraforming engine". Terraforming should be the main concept , much more developed than any other games or existing projects, and why not with a sense of humor... I see it as a mix of SMACx epic drama and STARTOPIA's humor.
                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Working...
                X