No announcement yet.

Colonization 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys manage a successful revolution with all those colonies? Doesn't the home country find one that it can take over? The times I've won, I've had about six colonies, all with the strongest possible fortifications and bristling with artillery, plus maybe a couple of small inland raw-material feeders which I disbanded just before declaring independence.
    "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
      Do you guys manage a successful revolution with all those colonies? Doesn't the home country find one that it can take over? The times I've won, I've had about six colonies, all with the strongest possible fortifications and bristling with artillery, plus maybe a couple of small inland raw-material feeders which I disbanded just before declaring independence.
      Heh, I usually end the game with just one super-city... there really isn't a great need to make alot of colonies.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Who voted no????

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
          Actually, yes, I have made it with some 40 or so colonies (some captured ones... ).
          The trick is to have strong fortifications at your coastal colonies who might have to hold out for a turn or two, and then a large cavalry-based army with roads to move on. If you have any remote inland colonies, they should have maybe one or two artilleries, just in case... You'll probably be just fine, and even if they do manage to take a colony from you, you can overwhelm them with your cavalry and take it back before they can reinforce their position.

This game took forever to play though...
          "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
          -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Re: Colonization 2?

Originally posted by Fresno
            Colonization was the first game of Sid Meier I bought. That's now already years ago, and I still love the game (even more than Civ). Maybe many of you are not as enthusiastic as I am, but I guess there should be a market for Colonization II.
            I couldn't agree with u more!!!

Colonization 2 - give it to me!!!

Gi'meGi'meGi'meGi'meGi'meGi'meGi'meGi'meGi'meGi'me Gi'me

(I think i'm going nuts - please stop me)

Portugal - Nation of Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition)
            "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

Working...
            X