Heroes of Might and Magic Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Might and Magic Forum?

I posted this in the Civ III forum, but on second thoughts this is probably a more appropriate place for it.

I know this is probably the wrong place to post this, but I don't know which forum would be appropriate.

Anyway, since Apolyton is the first rate site for discussion on TBS games, I suggest MarG and DanQ add a forum for some of the best TBS games - the Heroes of Might and Magic III and the upcoming Heroes of Might and Magic IV.

Good or Bad idea? Opinions please.
    Rome rules

Unless Apolyton decides to change its focus on 4X games. HoMM better stays here. In fact, quite a few websites have HoMM forums. But if you want to ask a specific question, ask anyway. I may be able to answer.
    You really want to take me seriously?
    Think twice!

Comment

Thanks for the offer.

I do actually know about quite a few websites featuring Homm III & IV, but I just thought it would be nice to concentrate them in one location. I see your point though. Apolyton is probably not suited to this.

Thanks anyway.
      Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
        Thanks for the offer.

I do actually know about quite a few websites featuring Homm III & IV, but I just thought it would be nice to concentrate them in one location. I see your point though. Apolyton is probably not suited to this.

Thanks anyway.
        I think that MOO (and MOM) are being covered here because of their obvious close relationship to the civ series both in publishers and for inspiration. They also share target audiences, and were released around/after civ 1. HOMM on the other hand is fairly unrelated to civ so I dont think it will be covered.
        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Reasonable enough explanation, I guess.
          Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras

I think that MOO (and MOM) are being covered here because of their obvious close relationship to the civ series both in publishers and for inspiration. They also share target audiences, and were released around/after civ 1. HOMM on the other hand is fairly unrelated to civ so I dont think it will be covered.
            HUH?!?
            since when is MOM covered here? we talk about it on this forum, but it's nt covered officially by apolyton, afaik.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast

HUH?!?
              since when is MOM covered here? we talk about it on this forum, but it's nt covered officially by apolyton, afaik.
              Its prolly would be covered if there were sequels out there with a large enough fan base, but as for the old-school game that a few hardcore gamers played, it wont get covered.
              "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

to answer the original question, Apolyton would probably split off a Heroes forum if we talked about it enough on this forum. that's what happened with Europa Universalis and Trade wars.

MOO was a shock. we had asked repeatedly for coverage of MOO in the past, only to be denied. I don't know what happened there. AFAIK, there wasn't a current movement for moo coverage.
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                X