SidGolf: concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SidGolf: concerns

I think Sid has made the screenshots too civish looking. Way to rectangular and always in that wierd civ2 perspective. You don't get any feeling for height or for trees, etc.

I like the cute little guys, though.

Last edited by TCO; September 5, 2001, 21:33.

I agree and the sand traps are the same size!!

Comment

I disagree. They don't look like Civ at all.

Take a look at this from: http://www.firaxis.com/simgolf/screenshots.cfm

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

that's different from the picture I first saw when they introduced the game. That looks like a rip off of the sims

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          that's different from the picture I first saw when they introduced the game. That looks like a rip off of the sims
          The building interface and controls of the speed of the game and such use the same interface as the Sims. So does apparently the soon to be released Sims Online and Simsville. It appears Maxis is trying to bridge the games so that once a person understands how it works once they can play all the others.

Of course the actual screen differs from both.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

How does that look like SIMS ATat all

Comment

I am not worried about the looks so much as I am worried that there is already a "Sim Golf" game out there- "Golf Course Tycoon" and, while it is selling well, it isn't doing spectacular.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dornan
                How does that look like SIMS ATat all
                The menu of going between building and interacting with your golf players is the same as it is in the Sims. What I am talking about if you are still missing it is the thing in the lower left corner. It is the same thing that is in the Sims.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  I am not worried about the looks so much as I am worried that there is already a "Sim Golf" game out there- "Golf Course Tycoon" and, while it is selling well, it isn't doing spectacular.
                  I just bought the game Golf Resort Tycoon recently. It was about a fifth of the normal price of a game which is amazing for a new release. I played it for a few minutes and got bored with it pretty quickly, though if I played it some more, I might start to get into it. One neat thing you can do rather akin to Theme Park Tycoon is to get a first person perspective of any of the golfers or workers or even thebuildings. It's just a gimmick though, I don't know that it actually enchances gameplay.

It makes me wonder what Sid Meier's game would have to make it so different.
                  Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                  Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

tniem (BTW what kidn of name is that?),

Even in your screenshot I saw the exact things that bother me.

-3/4 perspective (like cive map)
                    -too many right angles
                    -sandtraps and fairways look too similar)

Comment

i think it looks like rollercoaster tycoon and/or zoo tycoon
                      Just my 2p.
                      Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                      Which shows you learn something every day.
                      formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X