Any sign of a Diablo III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any sign of a Diablo III?

Well, I have heard from different people, and within diablo II LoD (Lord of Destruction) itself that there is a chance of a diablo III.

first clue - After you kill baal on any difficulty for the first time, go talk to the townspeople about it, most of them say that the world will be corrupted because of the destroying of the worldstone, and that they fear that hell's minions will be released. if you talk to one of them (forgot which one, I think it was Qual-Kehk), they say that the legends said nothing about the worldstone being destroyed...if you ask me, that sounds pretty suspicious, I think blizzard might be up to something again.

second clue - Tyrael says (when he appears after you kill baal) that he does not know what will happen after he destroys the worldstone, but that there is a GOOD chance it will not go well. Which would mean that if it does not go well, then there will probably be a diablo 3.

third clue - if you guys look on page 77 of the Diablo II manaul (not LoD manual) there are many characters and letters and stuff in a border thing around the picture. in the top right hand corner of these strange designs, it says plain as day, Diablo 3. you may have to look closely for a minute, but it should be no problem to see it. I don't know if this is just a coincidence, or if Blizzard wanted that specifically in there. what you guys think?

if bliz does make a diablo III, it will probably not be released 'til about 2050, which will be our grandchildrens favorite game.

I personally hope they do make one. they can't just cut off the greatest game legacy of all time! (for the exception of the civ series)

any comments?

Blizzard has said that they would like to make a Diablo movie and they have reserved the name. And of course they would be foolish not to plan ahead and allow the possibility of a D3 by simply adding the evidence to the story that you mentioned.

In other Blizzard news, they are making some type of announcement on Sept. 2 (I believe that is the right date). They will then be having 2 press confrences back to back to talk about what they said. I have heard it will probably be an unveiling of their newest game/project. We'll see.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Well, Blizzard is supposed to be working on a secret project, and it ain't Warcraft III. It would be hillarious to see the alarm on the faces of Blizzard empllyees if I hit the jackpot and they really are working on Diablo III.
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

I would assume D2X is not the end of the diablo series but I can't help but wonder about the effect of the loss of the worldstone. Wouldn't it make things interesting if this leached magic out of the world and technology took its place?
        Blizzard did go over to starcraft after WC and WC2.

D3 characters running around with grenades and plasma guns?!

Just a thought anyway ...

Comment

I'll wait for the press release

but judging from the most important factor: money. I would say yes.

Comment

I just read the review of d2:lod in PC Gamer. they say it's good, but lacks the greatness in innovation of D2 itself. as if the blizzard people are tired of coding Diablo for so long.

My bet is for Starcraft II.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

really? I thought LOD is excellent. The price is a bit steep though. But it is a worthy add-on. I can't imagine playing the old D2 now. It just wouldn't have the depth. I don't like the new character classes a whole lot, but they are decent. I have played a werewolf-druid, and he's cool.

The artwork in act5 is really nice. While it cannot compare to 3D games of course. But for 2D artwork, it is fairly nice. Sound is excellent as usual, but I do think their greatest room for improvement is on sound. Gameplay is relatively unchanged aside from skill changes. The hireling system is vastly improved. They did mess up with the physical resistance on nightmare, but they finally changed that back. Because nightmare shouldn't be that hard for a melee character!! Of course hell should be that difficult.

Comment

My theory?

The entire diablo series was simply development (albeit very profitable) for World of Warcraft.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Well, Bliz. has announced there "secret project", its World of Warcraft.

and I visited the official site, it looks awesome. I think the only draw back is that there WILL be a cost for playing it, since it is strictly online, and will require 'big bucks' to keep it running. However, the rest of the game looks just incredible. You can look it up at www.blizzard.com/wow/

I do think they will eventually make a D3, though not any time soon, they still have to work on World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, and...Starcraft II?

For those of you who don't know, there has been hefty rumors of Starcraft II. Well, its in that stage of between rumors, and an actual announcement, so there is a really good chance of it eventually coming, though not official.

Comment

I don't really care. Diablo I and II were neither great games. Blizzard should try something new rather than continue the Warcraft and Diablo series.

Comment

For me Diablo I and II were great games. The second part is just what I had expected from Blizzard. But I hope they don't start thinking about the third part just yet. I still have to reach level 40 and finish all dificulty levels to be satisfied.

Comment

Diablo,

It could still be in the works. Blizzard now has three teams. Of course the Blizzard North team that made Diable I and II and they have two Blizzard teams working at headquarters. The first one is working on WarCraft III after making the first two and StarCraft. The third one is made up of new hires and people from the first team. They are working on Worlds of WarCraft.

So what is Blizzard North doing currently? The official word is that they are taking some time off. Of course this probably means planing and some prototypes with the actual info coming out next year.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                        X