Anybody here play Deus Ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here play Deus Ex?

I keep getting killed right around the Paris catacombs. The combat difficulty is on Medium (I've never been very good at FPS, and besides, this is my first time through the game), but I can never get past the guards in the MJ12 bunker to release the Silhouette hostages; the only way through them that I've found is by blowing them all up, and I'm worried that I'm going to have to replay the game in order to do this.

Right now my Rifle skill is maxed out, I'm trained in Pistols, I'm Advanced in Computers, and I'm Trained in both Electronics and Lockpicking. I'm carrying a GEP gun with nearly full ammo (both rockets and White Phosphorous rockets), a sniper's rifle with a silencer and +30% to its range, an assault rifle with -20% to its reload time and +50% to its clip size, a light-sabre, a mini-crossbow with a ton of darts, tranq darts, and flare darts, a few LAMs, and a lot of Bio cells and medkits. My augs are Spy Drone, Energy Shield (level 2), Ballistic Armor (level 2), Cloak, Power Recirculator (level 3), Aqualung, Vision Enhancement, Run Silent, Lift Heavy Things (I forget its real name), and I think that's it (I've filled all of my Aug slots, so let me know if I've left any out). I've killed all of the guards roaming the catacombs.

I can't figure out how to get in to the bunker in such a way that I can use my Rifle skill to best advantage. In a stand-up fight I'm dead, since I got Spy Drone in stead of Aggressive Defense and the guards inside the bunker are packing missile launchers; I can survive getting hit with a flamethrower thanks to my Energy Shield, but missiles still wipe me out. I've managed to figure out that there is a security computer terminal inside the bunker that I can use to turn the autoguns against the guards, but I can't find a way to the computer except through the guards.

If there is some way for me to sneak in and access the computer and then sneak back out, or if there is some way for me to sneak in and get to some high ground where I can pick off all of the guards with my sniper rifle, then I have not found it.

Anybody have any suggestions? Should I replay the game and get Aggressive Defense and Heavy Weapons skills next time around? Or is there some way through this mission with the skills and augs that I have available?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Okay, here is what I reccomend,

with the loadout you have, I would first fully charge my bioelectic energy and health, enable both my ballistic armour and the power reticulator(check and see if you have the aug that regenerates your health, if you have that aug(I cann't remember the name) then enable it as well. Then reload your assuat rifle, and try to be sneaky(if you have to enable other sneak augs then do so). If you want use your sniper rifle, but I'm not sure how effective that would be against the MJ12 commandos(as I remember that part the hostages are in a room, so oyu may beable to use the GEP gun to clear out the bunker, becare ful because they is a Man in Black in the bunker. I'm playing at the easy level(I'm not good at FPS either), so the locations of the hoistages miught not be the same.

I've found that the assualt shotgun it excellent in killing the MJ12 commandoes(with a recoil mod). I also use the assualt rifle(but fitted with an accuracy and silencer). that's all I have for you, good luck, love live the NSF!!

Comment

Thanks, that takes care of it. I took out the auto-gun in front of the bunker entrance with my sniper rifle, then cleared the entire main room with two White Phosphorous rockets. I then picked off the rest of the troops and the MIB when they ran around the corner.

It turns out that there was a vent that ran under the floor from the bunker main room to the back of the bunker right by the computer. What a useless way to sneak in.

I was worried that the WP rockets would kill the hostages, but apparently the fire doesn't work through walls.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
      X