Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Great screenshot with a castle, a mansion, lush land--even sheep!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! Great screenshot with a castle, a mansion, lush land--even sheep!!!

Of course, the land has those annoying flags stuck in it (they must be marking important resources!). But the roads look much improved, and it looks like sheep will be a valuable resource for meat, clothing and perhaps even direct happiness rating! BTW, are those units pikemen or musketeers? I can't quite make out the weapon...

I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

... I wonder if those sheep wandering around the course effect the playability of your golf course.

Looking at that screen-shot gives me a very surreal feeling, similiar to having a nightmare that builds slowly and is very hard to wake up from.

I keep scrolling down to look at it again and again... feel sick and a little sorry for marcia... I want to wake up now.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk." -Tuco Benedicto Juan Ramirez
    "I hate my hat, I hate my clubs, I hate my life" -Marcia
    "I think it would be a good idea."
    - Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Comment

Did you forget your medication again yin?

Comment

Ok, Simgolf comes out of nowhere, and has what look to be excellent graphics (even if the game seems a bit pointless). Civ3 they've been working on for how long? - and it looks like crap. I can tell where Firaxis allocated their resources on this one.
        "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

Comment

By the way Warm Beer,

I also feel sorry for Marcia - maybe she is a member of yin's new club
          "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

Comment

please post in the correct forum
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Markos: Re-read it and see if you don't get the joke. If you DO get the joke but just don't like it, well I suppose that's another matter.

P.S. JOKE EXPLAINED:

The title makes you think, "Hey, Civ 3 is really coming along!" Then you come in and see a Sim Golf pic, which is actually pretty nice to look at, and you think: "Damn, why don't we have this caliber of stuff for Civ 3?"

This is a criticism of the fact that Civ 3 is being ignored. Thus, it really doesn't belong in the Other Games Section.
              Last edited by yin26; July 26, 2001, 01:41.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

This is starting to look like it will be strangely addictive.Marcia is having a real bad day.I wonder if sims can have heart attacks and what not.
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

She's having a bad day because she'd rather be playing Civ 3.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    Thus, it really doesn't belong in the Other Games Section.
                    that's exactly why it was moved here
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

???

Anyway, the whole thing is just sad. Damn Sim Golf...

Comment

What if Firaxis will use the SidGolf graphics for Civ3 ?
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

yeah... ' chinese wise men have discovered the secret of BELOW PAR!' military advisor:'iroquise electric carts are no match for our diesel ones'

Comment

yin, you shouldn't be complainnig....if I am to believe popular propoganda, you were responsible for SimGolf.

That said, I think Sid lied when he said he'd made this exciting new prototype and took graphic assests from Gettysberg....what actually happened was that he took all the graphics from civ3 and put them in simgolf, but then figured out - hmm, can't have two games looking exactly the same.

So he thought - all these interns and work experience kids moping around here at Firaxis with nothing to do...oh oh, I know - we'll let them do the graphics for civ3.

Or maybe Firaxis ran out of money because it hasn't released a game for 2/3 years and had to fire their art department, and Sid and Jeff did the graphics. Infact, the reason we haven't heard from DAn M. is because he got fired too. The only people left at Firaxis are Sid and Jeff.
                            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

alpha graphics

the civ3 screenshots we've seen so far are all alpha graphics.
                              If you watch all the screenshots we have closely you'll find evolution through them. The first screenshots are very different to the last ones.

they're just still working on the graphics.

btw, someone of firaxis mentioned that you have to see the graphics for real, since they're all animated and screenshots can't bring over those animations
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X