What's the best AoE game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best AoE game?

So, what do you thank the best Age of Empires game is? My vote goes for The Conquerors.
    Age of Empires
    0.00%
    Age of Empires w/ Rise of Rome
    0.00%
    Age of Kings
    44.44%
    Age of Kings w/ The Conquerors
    55.56%

Age of Kings, is that AoE II or is it an expansion pack I dont know about...Wondering about it, why is AoE II not just an expansion pack since there's no big difference between the first one. The only difference I have noticed as I played it (1 week) is the graphics
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Age of Kings is Age of Empires II. The conquerors is an expansion pack for Age of Empires II. There is one big thing that AoE I didn't have: Castles!!! I just love the sound of arrows firing at my enemies in the morning.

Comment

Never played AoK w/ conquerers so it would be wrong to vote for it.
        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
          Age of Kings is Age of Empires II. The conquerors is an expansion pack for Age of Empires II. There is one big thing that AoE I didn't have: Castles!!! I just love the sound of arrows firing at my enemies in the morning.
          I didn't notice that, but how could I, I only had the game for 1 week, and only played one game, but then I guess I will vote for AoE II, since it is a little bit better than AoE, but nothing to really talk about (and I haven't played the expansion to AoE II)
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I have played both AoK and AoK:tC, but I think I prefer it without the expansion... It has some cool features like farm queues and intelligent villagers, but I haven't played it enough to like it more than plainold AoK.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              I have played both AoK and AoK:tC, but I think I prefer it without the expansion... It has some cool features like farm queues and intelligent villagers, but I haven't played it enough to like it more than plainold AoK.
              Once you get used to the civilizations in The Conquerors, you will probably like the Conquerors.

Huns: no more building houses!
              Spanish: mounted gunpowder units!
              Koreans: Turtle Ships!

Comment

Working...
              X