Operation Flashpoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Flashpoint?

So you Europeans, has Operation Flashpoint been released over there yet (I heard it was supposed to be in June)?

How is it? Now that I did an upgrade I hae a lot more fun with the demo.

It's fantastic. You've never seen anything like it except for vietnam tv footage. Close range means you can visually see them. Tanks knock down trees. The box says it all: "As close to war as you ever want to get". Chilling and totally engaging at the same time.

I had to import it (www.softwarexperts.com).

Jeff

Comment

I just hope that it isn't so great that it's cutting into your work.

Comment

It's a great game, totally different from anything i've played.
        If you let your guard drop for a second you tend to met a messy end, which is kind of scary.
        Plus you can fly planes, 'copters etc, and mission editor in there which seems pretty nifty.
        Dunno how well online play works though.
        Anyhow, you'd be well advised to buy it

Comment

I didn't think it is that good...

It will be really hard now to resist buying it...

I was tempted before (after reading the reviews), but now, I am just too weak charachter to resist...
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS
            I had to import it (www.softwarexperts.com).
            I'm sorry Jeff (may I call you Jeff? ), but is that the correct link? Because I'm getting this error: "Name Error: The domain name does not exist. "
            Is it just the site down or you mispelled it?
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

My bad. www.softwarefirst.com.

Jeff

Comment

Gee, that was a quick answer, thanks!

About the game, it looks really cool, but I prefer games that bound management with megalomania!

Too bad www.softwarefirst.com has Alien Crossfire out of stock too...
                I got tired of playing the demo over again a long time ago... and I still don't have the game.

Edit: Oh, of course I could try my luck at e-bay or something, but I can't use a credit card right now...
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

zealot, smac sells over here for 10 USD. talking about knock-down prices

Comment

Just for the record, I had to use a ripped pirated version, just to see how was the game (SMACX) like.
                    It's not the same thing without the videos and the sounds, and all the extras, so I didn't have a lot of pleasure playing it.

Sorry for the off-topic, but after 2 years, who cares?

Comment

You work for the gouverment right??

[zealot at work on the phone]
                      "yes, sir, we will get back to as soon as possible, might take a while, but we will..."
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Wow, a bumptastic effort.

Comment

Working...
                        X