Sim games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim games

What is your favorite Sim game to be released in the near future, I know this isn't the place exactly about Sim games, but what the hell
    SimsVille
    71.43%
    SimGolf
    14.29%
    The Sims Online
    14.29%
    This space is empty... or is it?

I wonder how The Sims ONline is going to play if what I have heard is correct. Is the game really going to be an online chat engine with Sims to deal with other people? If so, how is this going to be fun?

While, I like sports games and SimGolf looks fun, I think SimVille will be the real deal. It should be a fantastic game drawing on both SimCity and The Sims - two amazing games.

Also, side note: This is the proper place to discuss Sim games. The other games forum is here for us to discuss the gaming world and who knows games better than the dedicated Civ fans.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
      Also, side note: This is the proper place to discuss Sim games. The other games forum is here for us to discuss the gaming world and who knows games better than the dedicated Civ fans.
      Yes it is the proper place in this place, but I guess I more proper place would be on some Sims site

About The Sims Online, isn't it going to be like you build your own house like the normal sims, the only difference is you now can have "outoftown" visitors!?! Could be wrong though

Personally I'm not interested in Sims Online, more in Simsville and Simgolf

Comment

Iljushin Il-2 Sturmovik by Maddox Games

"On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
        - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
          Iljushin Il-2 Sturmovik by Maddox Games

Is that a Sim game? If not, why did you write it???

Comment

Well, it's a simulation, I think ...
            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

About The Sims Online, isn't it going to be like you build your own house like the normal sims, the only difference is you now can have "outoftown" visitors!?! Could be wrong though
              You do appear to be right. I just don't know though. What happens when you stop playing could a relationship be ruined because someone just wanted to slap your non reacting character for fun? Doesn't seem like it will work to well.

I agree though, that SimVille and SimGolf appear to be two sounder games that will be a lot more fun. But I guess we will find out in time.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Yep, Il-2 is a flight sim, probably the best one in many years. I mentioned it as a protest against the hijacking of the word 'sim' to mean these computer toys.

But from your list I'll vote for Sims Online, I can't wait to go around hitting on those pretty female sims played by 12 year old male brats.

It should have much more longevity than Sims Offline, which was my only life for a week, only to be discarded soon after.
                "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                - Lone Star

Comment

SIDGOLF!!!
                  Only kidding

None. I am still seeing The sims in the shops for £35 and I'm not buying it for more then £20.
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

The Sims is horrible, so I don't have any expections for SimVille. I hate golf, so SidGolf is right out.

Nothing left for which to vote
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      The Sims is horrible, so I don't have any expections for SimVille. I hate golf, so SidGolf is right out.

Nothing left for which to vote
                      The Sims and Simville is NOT the same, Simville is more a SimCity for towns. I hate to play golf, but that doesn't mean I don't like to take money from all those golfers

Comment

I have to know what I'm voting for.

what is simsville? I have no Idea what this game would be. I tried watchimg the preview for it, but my computer crashes when I do. So I don't know what it is.

ADG, you said that simsville will be like simcity for towns. wasn't this already done in SimTown? or is this basically going to be simtown 2000?
                        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
                          I have to know what I'm voting for.

what is simsville? I have no Idea what this game would be. I tried watchimg the preview for it, but my computer crashes when I do. So I don't know what it is.

ADG, you said that simsville will be like simcity for towns. wasn't this already done in SimTown? or is this basically going to be simtown 2000?
                          Well, Simsville is as I said SimCity for towns, but with The Sims alike graphics, you can check out the official site to see what it's like. I haven't seen SimTown, isn't it a childrens game (That's what I've been told). At least Simsville shouldn't be a childrens game!

Comment

-Sims Online just seems like a large... glorified chat room. It may be interesting to some people, but not myself.

-Simsville just seems like SimTown/The Sims/Constructor... and hardly worth it, if you already own the latter two games. However, if you like 'manipulation' games, it may be worth it...
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

OK, I voted. Sims is a cool game, but I have almost never played anything online. Simgolf doesn't light my wick, so it's simsville.
                              I always had a soft spot for simcity, and yes, simtown was basically simcity for kids. This simsvilleseems to be simcitylike, but focuses more on the pastimes and entertainment of the sims.

Mind you, I probably won't buy it, but it sounds the most interesting of the three
                              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                              X