Any sign of Sim City 4000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any sign of Sim City 4000?

(knowing myself I'm not going to buy it anyway, since I haven't bought SC3k, Railroad Tycoon 2, EU, CTP1&2, the Sims, Tropico and a range of other games either, but it seems I just enjoy looking forward to a new game)

I think it has been several years since the latest edition of sim city but I haven't heard anything of a follow up yet. Has anyone else picked up any signs or has maxis chosen to try out new sim concepts? (simgolf, the sims...)
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

well they are soon to release simville.

at a scale intermediate between simcity and the sims.

Sort of like simtown, but for grown-ups.

And presumably tying in more directly with either the Sims, or Simcity, or both.

Presumably they will see how that goes and then reexamine simcity.

My guess is that simville will be designed for compatibility with the sims. then sim4000 might be designed to becompatible with simville, for an integrated line.

LOTM
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

this is one of the "sequels i have been waiting for"
      along with other not in developement such as
      Starcraft 2
      Caeser IV
      Black and White 2
      and many others

Comment

LOTM, the game sounds interesting but I'm more interested in city management as in the old SC series. If they'd make a SC4k, I hope it will stay to be such.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I like Simcity 2000 better than 3000. I played that much more.

When is that Simville to be released?
          "Oh for ****'s sake, stop your moaning, If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!" - QAF UK

Comment

Zorro, actually I started this thread because I've been playing SC2k regularily lately.

It's still fun, but what I find so annoying is the lack of freedom you have in zoning.
            In the first SC could place zones anywhere you wanted to on the map but in SC2k you have to be careful to place industry, commerce and residental close to each other. In principle that's not a bad idea, but more leeway would have been appropriate IMO. If I'm correct SC3k allows more freedom and I've been thinking regarily of acquiring it. (and those screenshots look damn tasty for someone who's used to SC2k graphics)

But I'm not willing to pay the full 40 bucks they're asking for SC3k Unlimited but maybe I'll buy it second hand or something like that.
            Last edited by Colon™; June 20, 2001, 19:59.

Comment

SC3K is certainly graphically superior but I found the gameplay to be less appealing. You still need to zone for people to get to work and the shops but in making the map bigger they seem to have increased the viable journey distance a bit too. Arcologies are completely out, leaving the futuristic cities little to achieve. Making a profit also seems easier, so the challenge is not so tough. The upside of that is that you can actually get a starting town to develop appreciably into a city over 50 years, rather than having to sit and save up for 10 years just to afford a new powerplant or college.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

As far as I can tell Maxis is currently working on a couple games:

1. Simville (previously mentioned)

2. Sims Online (some type of online chat game where you have sims act out your feelings or something like that)

3. Sims II or some other name (this will be the Sims but added multiplayer online communities)

4. to a lesser extent Sim Golf

Maxis probably does not have the time currently to make Sim City 4k, but from interviews that I have heard from members of the company it seems that they would want to go back to this best selling series when they are done with these host of games.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I don't much care about Simcity 4000, but I am definitely looking forward to Simville. And if it is compatible with the Sims, that would be even better

Comment

I discovered an interesting sim city clone athome of the underdogs. It has the ordinary city building features, though somewhat simplified but has a strong emphasis at ensuring a smooth flow of traffic for which they created an advanced traffic model and it also has nice graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X