Operation Flashpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Flashpoint

I think this game is in the stores in the US.
    But when does it come to europe?
    Cant wait
    For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

I don't know. I've never heard of it. Or maybe I have. I can't remember.
    Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

Oops, Operation Flashpoint is not out in the bathroom (US)?
      Hmmmh, let me see... developed by Bohemia Interactive (Czech?), published by Codemasters.
      It looks like Couterstike, you act as an Nato soldier against russian troops. 1985-weaponry.

Comment

The Codemasters site says it's coming out June 22nd

Comment

Never heard of this game. What is it about?
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Welcome to the official website of Operation Flashpoint, military tactical combat simulation game. Flashpoint brings the player the most complex war game experience ever, it offers unprecedented freedom of action integrating command of larger squads and use of any available vehicles with total immersion. Experience the best cold war military equipment – infantry, mobile, armored and aircraft.
            A bit propaganda-ish, but it gives you an idea what it's about...

Comment

I played several demo level.
              You disembark a heli or truck, get in line or column, incoming fire, full cover, watch, point your gun, fire, stand up, run to the trees ahead, full cover, "enemy soldier at 3 h", take him out with a handgrenade, run, cover, fire, reload, lost contact with your squad.....
              This game captures the feeling of a small battle, in cold war times.

Comment

That sounds cool...I'm going to download a demo when I have the time and remember to

Comment

I just played the demo....and it looks very good.....

Comment

I could never see any enemy soldiers so I shot my own guys. That'll teach them for hogging all the action.

Comment

That's true...although I thought it looked well...neither could I spot anyone...so I just stayed with the leader until I was completely fed up and charged in with full gung-ho...ending up getting killed...

Comment

The difficulty of spotting the enemy in Flashpoint is a huge addition to the immersion factor, makes you hit the dirt all the time. The best method of surviving and getting actually to shoot someone is to sprint from cover to cover, stopping to look around prone for muzzle flashes, smoke and movement. The best view is obtained by using the gunsight. Sound is also a good cue on enemy locations.
                        Whatever you do, don't run around on your own, you'll just see nothing and die. Unless, of course, you like to steal Soviet UAZes and run over an advancing columns of troops.
                        "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                        - Lone Star

Comment

I think I'll just stick to Counter-Strike

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
                            The difficulty of spotting the enemy in Flashpoint is a huge addition to the immersion factor, makes you hit the dirt all the time. The best method of surviving and getting actually to shoot someone is to sprint from cover to cover, stopping to look around prone for muzzle flashes, smoke and movement. The best view is obtained by using the gunsight. Sound is also a good cue on enemy locations.
                            Whatever you do, don't run around on your own, you'll just see nothing and die. Unless, of course, you like to steal Soviet UAZes and run over an advancing columns of troops.
                            Sounds like to much effort. We have a VR suite in my building where they have set up quake. If I want immersion, that is what I do.
                            My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
                            from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                            --MarkG

and by MikeH
                            she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

A VR suite...nice ...Quake...not nice

Comment

Working...
                              X