No announcement yet.

Tropico Has Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting form Tropico to arrive here in NZ. There seems to be some problems with local distribution of games in general at the moment but it's one I'm certainly looking forward to.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I really like the game, but even after three months of almost nonstop play, Europa Universalis still has its hooks in me.

The biggest thing that annoys me, is pollution. I've tried planting trees and what not, but it doesn't seem to help.

Also, if you choose a certain path (ie allowing free elections), the late game can get repetative.
      "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Finally, it's arrived.

Finally, Tropico arrived yesterday. I haven't got into it much yet though, my brain's not quite ready for it. However, I have a Voodoo 3 card and whenever I switched to Graphics Hardware option, the machine hangs. I'll have to keep to software option unless this problem can be sorted out.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Kyle, I had the same problems, I tried planting trees and fountains to no avail. Pollution is unstopable.

As for free elections, well lets just say I'm playing no more games with elections for my people. That is, unless I'm controlling them.
          Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

Re: Finally, it's arrived.

Originally posted by Russell
            Finally, Tropico arrived yesterday. I haven't got into it much yet though, my brain's not quite ready for it. However, I have a Voodoo 3 card and whenever I switched to Graphics Hardware option, the machine hangs. I'll have to keep to software option unless this problem can be sorted out.
            Ah, so it's not just me. I have a GeForce 2 and hardware acceleration freezed my system as well.
            "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

As with all crashing problems make sure you have up-to-date drivers for your video and audio cards especially, and make sure that you have the correct version of DirectX and that your drivers are compatible with it. Next, read the Readme file in the Tropico directory, there is detailed information on how to deal with some crashes as well as specific treatment for a variety of video cards. Finally, visit www.cafetropico.com where you will find a lot of helpful advice on dealing with specific problems.

Hope this helps.

John-SJ

Comment

Hmm, I may have to buy this game, right after I finish Majesty...

Anyone built Mingapulco yet?
                "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                - Lone Star

Comment

Fixed voodoo3 problem

I fixed my hardware option problem with it hanging up on Voodoo 3 by going back to an older version of the drivers. The newer beta version wasn't validated I think.

Comment

Long Live Squirrels!
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Oh good lord! Look at the spam!
                      Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

Playing Tropico really makes me sympathize (spelling?) with all the dictators, and all the presidents who just don't want to step down; it's really hard to stay in power.

Don't you sympathize with Fidel Castro now? I once hated my country's premier, but now i pity him. Really, dictators should distribute this game as part of their propaganda.

just a suggestion.
                        Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Is it worth waiting for the 172 MB demo to download on my cable modem? It is going to take an estimated 3 hours due to server problems.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Personally, I'd say go for it! But then, I'm biased! I love this game!

John-SJ

Comment

Re: Re: Finally, it's arrived.

Originally posted by Kyle

I have a GeForce 2...
                              Just curious as to how old 2D games look with the GeForce 2. The Voodoo3 2D if pretty bad compared to my old Matrix Mystique card.

Comment

Originally posted by John-SJ
                                Personally, I'd say go for it! But then, I'm biased! I love this game!

John-SJ
                                Alright, I am going to give it a try. Thanks for the recomendation.
                                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X