TV Tycoon - ATTN Game Developers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Tycoon - ATTN Game Developers!

Ok, there's no actual game called "Tv Tycoon" - yet. But I wish there was. Hey, game developers, what about the idea of a television management game? You could start in the 1940s with only B&W technology transmitting to one tiny town and go though the years until you've got a world-wide satellite/cable network. The game could be played right down to the lowest micromanagement level, that is, slotting in the actual programs for day-to-day transmission. You can create your own shows or buy from overseas etc. I reckon it could be great. It could be played at a simplified level with as much depth as, say, the "Championship Manager" series.
    Sid, what are you doing after CIVIII?
    Does anyone know how to get game developers attention with new game ideas?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Can I steal that for the PC Gamer design Lab?
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I already sent the idea to one magazine about a year or two ago but not a word. I think it was the UK PCGamer. Which PCGamer were you referring to? Do you work for them Father Beast?
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Nah, I just read the US PC gamer regularly. I sent them an idea for the battleroom, a team based shooter in Zero Gravity based on the Enders Game Battleroom. Never heard a thing from them Either. Just wondered If I could steal yours and try to win again... maybe get me a decent game for free...
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Russell on 05-10-2001 10:39 PM
          Does anyone know how to get game developers attention with new game ideas?

On Firaxis' FAQ site they say that they aren't interested in hearing new game ideas but instead would be interested in a playable prototype. My guess with all the people in the industry, there are plenty of new game ideas out there and the best way to get a foot in the door is to design even a basic prototype of your game idea. If the engine is savy enough I'm sure they'd be happy to take your idea on and create a new game with you as the head designer.

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
          X