I could buy Ultima IX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could buy Ultima IX...

I have the opportunity to buy Ultima IX used at two places, both for 14.99.
    2 places means that it will probaly still be at one in a few days.

What worries me is that it was released in a an unplayable buggy version, and I don't know if I can get support if I'm not the original owner.

So, if I buy it, will I be able to patch it? I want to play it, but I'm worried
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

This was my most awaited game in a LONG time! But I was smart and waited for the patches as well before installing. Let me just say that they got it right by the last patch judging from my very smoothe play and lack of any killer-type bugs that hurt the early versions. I'd say

BUY IT! At that price, you'd be crazy not to. It was truly one of the most memorable games I've ever played, and it's just too bad the early problems will forever stain this game's reputation.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Even though I had smooth gameplay (Voodoo card), I didn't like the game. A little too linear (and consolish) for my tastes. Then again, Fallout and Baldur's Gate might have spoiled it for me .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Allright, I bought it. I'll try to install it in the next few days and give a report...

BTW, it's the dragon edition, used, in a HUGE box with bunches of extras. looks like the guy who returned it kept the ultima collection, though. Good thing I already have it.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
        X