Sid + Will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid + Will?

Both Firaxis and Maxis have confirmed that legends Sid Meier and Will Wright are working together in some way on a game due out at the end of the year.

Anyone have any idea on what it is?

Since the confirmation is on The Sims sight I figured it must have something to do with The Sime, either The Sims Online or The Sims Live. Either way, this type of game just doesn't seem like the normal Sidesque game.

On a side note, Firaxis had a deal with EA to publish three games. SMG and SMAC would be one and two. SM Dinos would have been game three and meant that there would be no legal trouble with Civ III. Could Sid working with Maxis (Maxis' publisher is EA) be a way to acknowledge the contract? What would these two great minds be working on?

Any comments?
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

I've never heard any info about Maxis' old project SimMars, even the webpage was taken down, though I never heard a cancellation announcement. Could that be it?

Comment

You may have something there Serapis, IIRC they announced that it would be "delayed indefinitely". That would be cool! SimMars sounded like a great concept!

John-SJ

Comment

I know about it, can't say anything yet though. I'm making a web site for it right now. If anyone wants to help they can just post right here or e-mail me.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Actually...I could let one thing slip...

Its a Black & White killer.
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

It's Color?

Comment

Well, yes, but I ment that it will be basically the only game coming out this year that will be able to beat the game Black and White in number of awards won.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Apocalypse on 04-14-2001 04:06 PM
                Well, yes, but I ment that it will be basically the only game coming out this year that will be able to beat the game Black and White in number of awards won.

I would have to disagree with this. My belief is that Sid + Will = a traditional game that we have all seen before. On the other hand B&W is one of the most original games I have seen in a long time. Black and White I believe will dominate the awards given out this year as it should.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Well B&W isn't that original. There have been god games before it such as Populus. This game just adds good/bad decisions and gives you a creature, which is a very unoriginal thing to have in a game right now. Also, if you notice, there are many reviewers who strongly dislike the game, this might change once more bugs are fixed though.

Furthermore, even though you might not consider this game very original (unlike The Sims, Dinosaurs, etc), it still has a good chance at getting many awards as the concept is good and reviewers like to suck up to Sid and Will even more than they do Peter.

Comment

The only really original thing about B&W is the creature. Other than that it's just Populous and Dungeon Keeper in the same game. i.e. B&W = Populous + Dungeon Keeper + new creature AI.

Shouldn't be too hard to top, IMO, especially with Sid + Will working on it.

John-SJ

Comment

Long long time ago during the good old days of DOS, there was a gamed called Moonbase (or something like that). The object of the game was to build a sustainable base on the moon.

That game was full of bugs but it was a lot of fun to play. It was sort of like SimCity on the moon.

Could SimMars be similar?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Could the creature be taken from nethack? Afterall, this game has been around for the longest time and the player gets a pet in the game.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

quote:

Long long time ago during the good old days of DOS, there was a gamed called Moonbase (or something like that). The object of the game was to build a sustainable base on the moon.
                          By any chance are you referring to Lunar Command? I think I still have that one tucked away in my closet. IIRC, I tried it once, built way too many habitat modules (or whatever they called them) and went broke as soon as the bills came due.

"THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Er, wouldn't the Creature come from Creatures?

Comment

personally, I'm hoping the proposed game will be a simmars that's actually a colonization update.
                              now THAT would be cool
                              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                              X