Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Frogman on 03-03-2001 04:10 PM
    Age of Wonders is not MoM, but in many ways it is so much better. Tactical turn based combat with up to 56 units in a single battle is awesome. Play online or pbem. And AoW 2 is coming out in spring 2002 and it will be even better. Forget MoM, sure everyone loved it, but AoW is the best tbs fantasy option out there. You got to like a game that has naked nymphs as one of the units.

AoW is interesting in its own way, but it's not MoM. For one thing, you can't build cities. AoW has a lot more similarities to Warlords than to MoM.

The nymphs are nice to look at, but as combat units they aren't up to snuff.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by pchang on 03-05-2001 04:45 PM
      Forget being defeated. You can see her every time you finish researching a new spell.

Comment

Chaos: Looks like its time for you to play a new game as Sharee.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

shadowstrike - your link is dead
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

That's right!! no city building in AOW. how could I forget??

MOM2, MOM2, MOM2!!!
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

AOW is way too much of an expansion-oriented game... on the higher difficulty levels, the only thing you're doing all the time is building up armies and attack enemies... but then, those are the only halfway well-organized game features... a strongly war-based game, whereas most of us CIVers like to build up, expand peacefully, manage economy etc...

Comment

I bought AoW thinking it was another name for MoM2 but the bits they changed the most/took from Warlords were certainly the bits I liked the least. The heroes were amusing but after a couple of scenarios in the camapign your wall climbing wizard with full plate and big axe could take out towns single handed and it became boring.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                X