We need a MOM 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a MOM 2!

Let's beat the drums and make a noise.It's time for a new MOM!

So true... yet so impossible
    Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

A true sequel is probably out of the question, what with licensing and the niche filled by Age Of Wonders.

I would love an update, though. a windows 95 version with prettier graphics and nice sound. gameplay needs to stay the same, though. it is just so well done.
      I just want a version that I don't have to cripple my computer to play
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Hmm... Now this reminds me... I should really change my username to Torin .
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hm, AoW is just MoM lite

There were talks here of writing an opensource sequel to MoM. Try searching through this forum or the archives for related threads.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Actually, there are rumors that once Quicksilver is finished with Master of Orion 3 they may try to get the licence to do Master of Magic 2.

Just a rumor though. Go to moo3.quicksilver.com and search the forums...

Joe

Comment

MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2, MoM2!

------------------
              The main cause of problems in the world today is solutions. --Erik Severeid

Comment

Isn't there a mod available on the Net that allows you to play MoM in Civ 2 (I think there's one in the Fantastic Worlds add-on, but I heard a user-made one was available that was better)?

A true sequel would be cool though.

Comment

Yes, there's a Civ2 scenario in FW. It's pretty sh!te though.

Comment

Yes. We need high res graphics for Sharee.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

http://www.thanesgames.com/other/mom2.html
                      The above link goes to an on-line petition to get Hasbro/Microprose to develop a sequel.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Age of Wonders is not MoM, but in many ways it is so much better. Tactical turn based combat with up to 56 units in a single battle is awesome. Play online or pbem. And AoW 2 is coming out in spring 2002 and it will be even better. Forget MoM, sure everyone loved it, but AoW is the best tbs fantasy option out there. You got to like a game that has naked nymphs as one of the units.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by pchang on 02-21-2001 05:05 PM
                          Yes. We need high res graphics for Sharee.

ROFL.. actually, I was totally stunned myself when I first saw her being defeated...

In a Hi-Res MOM2 it must be fun to play as her and intentionally get defeated after a few turns

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chaos Warrior on 03-03-2001 07:11 PM
                            ROFL.. actually, I was totally stunned myself when I first saw her being defeated...

In a Hi-Res MOM2 it must be fun to play as her and intentionally get defeated after a few turns

Forget being defeated. You can see her every time you finish researching a new spell.

Comment

Hey guys.... I just discovered that my forum wasn't as dead as I believed.... Join the community here:
                              http://pub29.ezbaord.com/bthegamersabodeforums/

And then click on the Master of Magic 2 Project forum...
                              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                              X