This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Not really. A newer patch is included, but all scenarios are different in the different versions, they are chosen locally so to speak. America get amercians scenarios etc, sweden get´s the nordic wars etc.

Well, I think I'd rather have the German scenarios (Prussia, woohoo!), which really isn't localized. There is only one American scenario (wonder how they'll do it... only include Spain, France, Portugal, and England, I guess).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, the mail takes two days to get here, it takes me an hour to go an buy it. And 429 SKr isn´t expensive or anything.

Imran, don´t worry about it There are popping up usermade scenarios as well by the minute.

Comment

Depp: Sure it is. At Spelbiten in Stockholm, it would cost no more than 300-350 Skr (for members, that is), It's 379:- on Spelia, 399:- directly from the Publisher, and probably cheaper in any other store than åhléns. Really.

Comment

Looks promising... Is this thing out in the UK yet? The website they refer to for the UK distributors is a joke (only for retailers apparently). Anybody know someone in the UK selling this online (I don't fancy driving all the way into Glasgow to get this). Amazon don't appear to stock it

Thanks

------------------
          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

HUZZAH! Europa Universalis, US version is GOLD! Due to ship on February the 21st for $40!
            http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/storie...677611,00.html

Some good screens at the new campaigns (especially the American Revolution).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gwap on 01-28-2001 03:18 PM
              Looks promising... Is this thing out in the UK yet? The website they refer to for the UK distributors is a joke (only for retailers apparently). Anybody know someone in the UK selling this online (I don't fancy driving all the way into Glasgow to get this). Amazon don't appear to stock it

Thanks

The date they're pencilling in for UK release is 1st March. But I can't wait that long, so I'm petitioning my MP to get us to invade Sweden.

------------------
              He may live without books- what's knowledge but grieving?
              He may live without hope- what's hope but deceiving?
              He may live without love- what's passion but pining?
              But where is the man who can live without dining?
              "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Thanks for the info. I agree that I can't wait that long. And yes, please ask your MP to annex Sweden (mine is too busy being promoted to the Foreign Office right now; besides, I didn't vote for him) we might get some decent services here then. At least Swedes can build roads that last for more than a fortnight.

Well... thanksfully, I'm multi-lingual (split tongue) so I think I'll look for a German company to sell me a copy. For a game that deals with continental Europe it may be best to go abroad anyway. Brits aren't particularly well-known for their balance when it comes to matters continental.

Fog in the Channel, the Continent is Isolated!

------------------

Comment

Some EU links to explore:

The EU Homepage with links to forum and AARs (After Action Reports) and reviews. http://www.europa-universalis.com/

Sapura, an EU-phile whose web page focuses on the history of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and includes EU AARs. http://polisharmies.cjb.com/index.html

An Ebglish translation of an AAR with France as the okayer's nation (good screenshots!). http://perso.club-internet.fr/jpdufl...pas_01_eng.htm

------------------
                  'Blood will run'
                  'Blood will run'

Comment

Memberships sucks, and havn´t spelbiten gone bankrupt ?
                    And if you order the game, it cost 50 Skr less, and it takes you a few days. Not worth it. And 429 Skr for a game is a pretty good price actually.

I noticed a wierd bug playing as the portugise. My recruitment pool does not expand if I conquer new territories, even if they have big populations. Only as portugal, hmmm

Comment

Thanks for the links Savant. This is getting gooder and gooder.

Comment

They are "under new ownership", apparently. Anyway, I don't live in Stockholm anymore, Haven't been at spelbiten since last summer...

Comment

i finally got that damn game, yeha! don´t miss it

------------------
                          god made weed.....you don´t really think he fails sometimes?

weed god, chief of EUROPA
                          visit EUROPA: www.multispieler.de
                          weird god, EUROPA

Comment

Way to go Wierd God !

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui on 01-28-2001 04:34 AM
                              Well, I think I'd rather have the German scenarios (Prussia, woohoo!), which really isn't localized. There is only one American scenario (wonder how they'll do it... only include Spain, France, Portugal, and England, I guess).

Is there a place where you can download different scenarios? I mean I would like to see American scenarios too but I would be interested in different ones as well.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

In the American version there will be an War of Independance scenario as well as ALL the other ones there are in the German one (and Swedish I beleive), like Nordic war, 30 years war, +++
                                But you can download scenarios, at the official page, go to www.europa-universalis.com and find the scenario link in the orange text at the top. There you can download scenarios, there aren't more than 3-4 there yet, but give it some time, and people are working on a complete alternative Grand Campaign with different minor countries and lots of changes...so things are moving along

Cobos

------------------
                                If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate
                                If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate

Comment

Working...
                                X