This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa Universalis, best game since Civ

Posted thir wrongly in the off-topic, didn´t see this thread SO here goes...

I just wanna tell you about a game soon to be released in america, already out in Sweden (made in sweden) and Germany.
    You want a game that lets you play any of 75 countries for the most exiting 300 year period in history ? Europa Universalis has it all.
    It let´s you start at 1492, america is just discovered. And ends in 1792.
    It´s no C&C bash either, but diplomacy, economy and war, and historical leaders and monarchs that influence it all, you play as the hand behind the king. Some kings may even command the armies directly.
    You can´t just attack everyone beacuse alliances are common and actually mean something in this game.
    So am I selling this game ? No, but I want to gain some support for the best game around for years and years. The reviews are very positive as well.

If you want more info, either contact me or just check the official site, there is alot of info and also a forum with some 30 000 posts. http://www.europa-universalis.com/

Computer Games Stragegy Plus´s Review: http://www.cdmag.com/articles/030/01...pa_review.html

Gamespot Review: http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/storie...8560-4,00.html

Hej!

Being a swede myself I know about this game and I have been thinking about buying it (held it in my hand yesterday!). The reviews have been nice so far, I've just been waiting to see what the bigger gaming sites have to say about it.

Thanks for the links!

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited January 24, 2001).]

Comment

You had it in you hand and didn't but it! Big mistake. Quick - go back to the shop straight away and get it - RUN!

Comment

Hej själv
        I want the Mac port to be ready soon...
        [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited January 24, 2001).]
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Bigger sites ? www.cdmag.com is the biggest strategy (and all other games) around. It´s the best in my opinion, they take time with their reviews, not like certain sites...

It´s worth the 429 SKr that Åhlens takes for it

Comment

this game looks great!!
            http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/euro...is_preview.asp

------------------
            god made weed.....you don´t really think he fails sometimes?

weed god, chief of EUROPA
            visit EUROPA: www.multispieler.de
            weird god, EUROPA

Comment

Yup, it even is great
              Having alot of fun with this one. The different nations provide totally different games, in strategies etc. It´s even nice to see how different europe becomes each time you play.

Comment

How much are paradox paying you Depp?

Comment

Isn´t åhlens where everybody get their kicks ?

It not the money they are paying me, it´s the sex !

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Depp on 01-24-2001 02:33 PM
                    Bigger sites? www.cdmag.com is the biggest strategy (and all other games) around. It´s the best in my opinion, they take time with their reviews, not like certain sites...

I know, that's exactly what I meant. I have read some reviews by others (local newspapers etc) and was waiting for the links you provided!

quote:

It´s worth the 429 SKr that Åhlens takes for it

Heh, heh, heh! Got to be the first time I read about Åhléns in these forums!

Carolus

Comment

http://cgi.pcgameworld.com/pcgw/news...0309475,69750,

Woohoo! Since America gets it later, it gets better stuff.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not really. A newer patch is included, but all scenarios are different in the different versions, they are chosen locally so to speak. America get amercians scenarios etc, sweden get´s the nordic wars etc.

Comment

sure, the intro text will be in the wrong language, that´s about it

Comment

Shopping for PC Games at Åhléns. Losers.

Don't you have e-handel in the icy north? Or, wait, doesn't Posten deliver up there?

Comment

Well, we can download the other scenarios, true?

"Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
                              X