Centurion:defender of rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centurion:defender of rome

I went to theunderdogs.org site and found an old but really fun little game called "centurion:defender of rome".

The game has a map with provinces and you build armies of legions and can try to conquer neighboring provinces to build the roman empire. There is a battle screen where you pick a tactic and watch your legions fight it out. really cool! You also get to levy tributes on your conquered provinces to fill your coffers. To keep your citizens happy you can actually have chariot races.
    It is a really fun game.

I recommend you folks download it and tell me what you think!

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

I played the original on VGA on my Tandy....it was a great game for it's time. RTS battles and a little provincial strategy made it fairly easy to learn.
    But the battles were a little too easy and if you happen to get Scipio Africanus or any other good general at the head of your army, everybody else could kiss their ass goodbye
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I recently tried to get Annals of Rome running, having played it back in the 80's on the Spectrum or Atari ST. Sadly it seems to be incompatible with my current PC. Defender of Rome sounds like a similar idea, I'll have to have a look at it.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
      X