Looking for Age of Wonders Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Age of Wonders Help

I am playing the Keeper's campaign and currently in the scenario named Pass of Grief. The world map shows that there is a caverns level. However, I have searched the entire map for an entrance but couldn't find one.

Is there an entrance somewhere? Clues? Hints? Thanks!
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

well, you might consider it cheating, but what about loading the map into the MapEditor to see where that entrance is?

Comment

I did try that

The editor couldn't load the scenario, however. What happened was it tried to do something, but nothing appeared on the screen.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Is that the one involving the dwarven earthquake? Those damn cave entrances are such a pain to find... just keep looking. If I remember correctly if it is the dwarven earthquake one its just to the nw of the start point... took me a while to spot it too...
        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

That's Deepmir. It's a pain as there are three levels with tunnels leading up and down, but at least I could find the entrances. This one is the second last scenario, right before the Valley of Wonders, when you lead the highman against the undeads. There are lots of razed cities you can rebuild, and the undeads start with two towers of plague and one tower of death.

And why are there so many undead prisoners doing around this place?

Comment

Hmm... I started the campaign of the Halflings, which were a pain... why can't I play a big-people's campaign?

Seriously, I can't be arsed by AOW these days... gave up playing although I considered it one o fthe best games. Well, perhaps I'm going to try it out some other time, but sometimes it just sucks... gets boring on huge maps, too easy to win when playing with Leaders etc... but I think I'm going to continue the campaign, where I was playing the 3rd or 4t h level the last time... hmm...

Comment

Sorry Urban Ranger, I didnt play that route, I went the dwarven - elf route. It is a german game though, so I have noticed the briefings can be a bit lacking, so its probably something stupid and overseen...
              "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Andz,

You start as the leader of the Halflings, but after United Cities the campaign forks so you need to choose between the leader of the Dwarves or the Lizardmen. If you think playing with heroes too easy, you can always try the "Hard" setting

Pyth,

Ah. Is the Elf campaign any good? I am just surprised that, while the Highmen are supposedly the nemesis of the Undeads, most of their units don't have Death Immunity or even Death Protection. Very odd. At any rate, I have given up on finding an entrance to the caverns level and have proceeded to the last scenario.

Comment

Working...
                X