No announcement yet.

Apolyton Chess Club : a new challenger please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As no new challenger seemed interested by this contest, it logical that Carolus might defy me as soon as he wants.
    Carolus start the new game when you feel ready. I remind you that you can choose the color but that I draw is enough for me to retain my title. No game has been drawn so far.
    Good luck and take care to put pieces in the right place. I do it as Smash says with two boards. Another trick is to think of the position without looking at it. If I am on the bus or train, or forced to follow some stupid formation classes, I sometimes think of the chessgame "blindfold" and it helps me a lot to remember well the initial position.

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, Smash, but I don't see the evidence in my play to support your opinion.

If I had it to do over again, I would play 10 Ne5. I really don't see Black having an advantage after 9 e5, though. At best, it's a push. IMHO, I give a slight edge to White for being in a classic Queen's Gambit position. But...

Come on Carolus, your turn in the barrel.

------------------
      Frodo lives!
      Frodo lives!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 02-07-2001 04:58 PM
        The light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming head on.

LOL! Good one, kcbob! It's going right into my vocabulary safe!

Carolus

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 02-08-2001 08:38 AM
          If I had it to do over again, I would play 10 Ne5. I really don't see Black having an advantage after 9 e5, though. At best, it's a push. IMHO, I give a slight edge to White for being in a classic Queen's Gambit position. But...

Against 10 Nxe5 I just have to play 10 dxe5 and I win a piece ! And if you move the bishop there is the fork on e4. 9 e5 definitely wins a piece for 2 pawns against best play.
          BTW : 21 Qd5+, was it not a spiteful check ?

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 02-08-2001 11:18 AM
            Against 10 Nxe5 I just have to play 10 dxe5 and I win a piece ! And if you move the bishop there is the fork on e4. 9 e5 definitely wins a piece for 2 pawns against best play.
            BTW : 21 Qd5+, was it not a spiteful check ?

Now this is really sad! I moved the wrong piece again!! I give up!

And, yes, Qd5+ was a spite check. If you're going to go down, you might as well go down fighting.

------------------
            Frodo lives!
            Frodo lives!

Comment

Hi!

How do I get to play a game?
              It is very dangerous to leap a chasm in two bounds

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Algernon Pondlife on 02-09-2001 04:09 PM
                Hi! How do I get to play a game?

Good question !
                The next game has already started : David vs Goliath.
                I see two solutions : either you are indeed the next challenger, either you have to prove your worth against an old challenger before earning the right to defy the “Apolyton Chess Club World Champion”.
                I need to know what the other players : Kcbob, Smash, Carolus and Ken Hinds think.

------------------

Comment

I'll be happy to back up 1 spot to allow this new challenger an opportunity.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                  X