Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found an intresting Game

Hi!

I usually don't promote games that I like, but I really found a good game that everybody that likes
    strategy games need to take look at. Its Europa Universalis. Got a bit tired of trying to fix the AI in CTP-2 then a friend called that also was playing CTP-2 and said i definetly need to test this game.

There is one problem. Its has only been released in Swedish and German the english version is coming in february.

Check out the Web Site. Its not a CIV game but definetly worth a look.

Some small facts

-The timeframe is between 1492-1792
    -It based on historical setting but you can change the history as much as you wannt.
    -70 Country AI players

More info on the Web site.
    www.europa-universalis.com

/Mathias

Hey... I went to that web site Matte, and you are right! This may be the game to hold me over until Civ3. It's got most of what I'm looking for!
    CTP2 may hold me over until we this becomes available in the US.

Thanks for the link!!

------------------
    'Blood will run'
    'Blood will run'

Comment

moving to "other games"

Comment

This game looks really great! I'm always been thinking about doing a scenerio like real world situations, especially European History! And this game looks like its going to be more political than any other Civ game. Thanks Matte979 for posting this. I also think its funny that the US market has to wait for a game for a change. After reading all the posts about everyone outside N. America waiting for CTP2 now I have to wait till February, March, April?

Comment

In case you missed it, Gamespot has a preview about Europa Universalis.
          http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/storie...668560,00.html

[This message has been edited by Sharpe (edited January 02, 2001).]
          [This message has been edited by Sharpe (edited January 02, 2001).]

Comment

The time scale is similar to Colonization and it seems to be complementary to it in that EU is played from the point of view of the European power instead of the colonists. I'd be interested to make further comparisions once I get hold of the game.

Comment

I am also very interested. Please keep us informed as to acquiring and playing this game.

Comment

This EU game is really extraordinary. I have spent about 4 hours at their forums the last few days reading messages about the game and reading what the players call "after action reports" (AARs).

If you really like to get a good read on the game I suggest you check out the AARs written by fellows named Sapura and Greven. Along with the screen shots, these really suggest this game has a lot of potential.

------------------
                'Blood will run'
                'Blood will run'

Comment

And a guy by the name of Strategy (I believe).
                  "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Is this game available in the US? I haven't seen it in stores. Of course, I haven't looked in the past month.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Spray -

Estimated date of distribution is March 2 2001 for the US.

------------------
                      'Blood will run'
                      'Blood will run'

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Savant on 01-08-2001 07:00 PM
                        Spray -

Estimated date of distribution is March 2 2001 for the US.

Thanks man, thats not too long to wait. It really looks like a cool game. I'm not too happy with real time. But from the look of the game, it more than makes up for that and maybe this particular game works better this way. Thanks for the info.
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

New preview of EU on pc.ign.com!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Go to http://pc.ign.com and then head to www.europa-universalis.com/ to see more including links to more reviews.

The IGN link reports a February release - just hope it's so!

------------------
                            'Blood will run'
                            'Blood will run'

Comment

I took a good long look at this game and it looks like it is going to be pretty cool. It looks like each game will be very time comsumming. Still not fond of the real time but it seems to work out ok. Could this replace Civ?

Comment

Working...
                              X